Holiday in playa Blanca lanzarote

AmyKieran

Fish Herder
Reaction score
We are looking to go here next year and stay in a private villa with a pool (my wife isnā€™t supposed to go in public pools) with me, my wife and child (aged 12)

Has anyone been here? If so what did they think?

Also any ideas on how to keep the Costs low?

Iā€™m finding that booking everything separately is coming to Ā£1400 but a package holiday through a travel agent is Ā£2000 for 7 nights

Any advice appreciated :)

Sorry, can't help with the holiday side of things because I have never been overseas or even interstate. I can't even remember going on a holiday locally. But good on you for trying to organise one for you and family. :)

Well, it's hard to tell anyways... For it differs per country how much they'll charge when you try to book such a trip. I haven't been to Lanzarote but I did go to Tenerife.

Well, it's hard to tell anyways... For it differs per country how much they'll charge when you try to book such a trip. I haven't been to Lanzarote but I did go to Tenerife.
Was Tenerife nice? Did you go in on a family holiday ?

Sorry I donā€™t know how old you are/family circumstance

Sorry, can't help with the holiday side of things because I have never been overseas or even interstate. I can't even remember going on a holiday locally. But good on you for trying to organise one for you and family. :)
Youve never left Australia? I guess thats not that crazy cause ive never left the US

Pre C19 weā€™d go to a Canary Island twice a year (2nd week in Feb, 2nd week in Oct) dates so specific because of MrsLurchs job. Been doing it for nigh on 20yrs. To be honest theyā€™ve all blurred into one.
Lanzarote is more barren and has a national park desert section where a lot of naughty naked nude sunbathing goes on. I didnā€™t know where to look! Well I did actually but Mrs Lurch was with me so I had to bluff it.
Tenerife is the best as it has the most variety. ā€œdesert isle/tropical paradiseā€ depending on which side of the mountain youā€™re on. Europeā€™s highest peak which is also a volcano. Too high for us being asthma sufferers unfortunately.
Have fun wherever you go.

Pre C19 weā€™d go to a Canary Island twice a year (2nd week in Feb, 2nd week in Oct) dates so specific because of MrsLurchs job. Been doing it for nigh on 20yrs. To be honest theyā€™ve all blurred into one.
Lanzarote is more barren and has a national park desert section where a lot of naughty naked nude sunbathing goes on. I didnā€™t know where to look! Well I did actually but Mrs Lurch was with me so I had to bluff it.
Tenerife is the best as it has the most variety. ā€œdesert isle/tropical paradiseā€ depending on which side of the mountain youā€™re on. Europeā€™s highest peak which is also a volcano. Too high for us being asthma sufferers unfortunately.
Have fun wherever you go.
Highest peak of Spain you mean I suppose.
Agree abojt the differences.
I've been twice to both. I like Tenerife by far more than Lanzerote.

BTW Easyjet flies on both. Isn't that the first way to save money ? When we were on Tenerife fuel costed half of what we were used to. Great to rent a car there and travel.over the island.

Highest peak of Spain you mean I suppose.
Agree abojt the differences.
I've been twice to both. I like Tenerife by far more than Lanzerote.

BTW Easyjet flies on both. Isn't that the first way to save money ? When we were on Tenerife fuel costed half of what we were used to. Great to rent a car there and travel.over the island.
Actually the cheapest flight Iā€™ve found so far is tui

Canary Islands are lovely places to go for your sunny holsā˜€ļøšŸ˜€

Ive done Gran canaria and Tenerife out the four. Tenerife is certainly the jewel of the canaries but i know many friends and family who have enjoyed Lanzerote and fuerteventura also

The canary islands are great! And you can catch livebearers over there. For years ago, fancy livebearers were introduced in open waters by man.

Nothing is more relaxing to me than to go somewhere new and strange (to me). It kicks every sense into overdrive.

I've never been to Spain, but if you go to the beaches mentioned above, get some fish tattoos first.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back