High Ph Levels

AdAndrews

Marine Enthusiast!
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
3,008
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kidderminster, Worcs
I have just tested my tank with the API Freshwater testkit, apart from PH everything is fine, it reads off the chart at 8.0, is this a potential problem for freshwater tropicals, i have livebearers, rainbows and harlequins, and soon to buy neons, what is the harm of having high PH?, Could it cause any ill effects or spur on diseases.
 
If your pH is over 8.0, it might not be best to get any neons. The livebearers and rasboras will probably still be OK. I don't kep rainbows so can't say there. The chart on the API master high range test goes to 8.8. Are you really off scale on that kit? If you are the pH needs attention because something in your tank is pushing it around. I have never heard of water much over pH 8.0 except ocean water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top