Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilyann

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Fish of the Month ๐ŸŒŸ
๐Ÿ† Tank of the Year ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
Thought I would quickly introduce myself... and share a few pictures of my tanks.
I am a life-time fish-keeper ( 3 decades and counting :) ) and am involved in many different online forums ( not social media) and my local aquarium fish/aquarium plant societies.

I have several tanks going at the moment. A 180 gallon, 60 gallon, 2 -30 gallons and a 10. My fish are predominantly wild, with the exception of my discus, and I am drawn to new world cichlids ( more specifically eartheaters: have geophagus sveni and neambi as well as biotodoma wavarinii and cupidos. )

My other intrest lies in wild African tetras, of which I have 5 different varieties from the Congo river and tributaries.

Recently I have also become intrested in freshwater shrimp, which is so much more relaxing to sit in front of and watch than a cichlid aquarium.

My new, cycling shrimp tank
0Gl1FQI.jpg

180 gallon Eartheater/Altum Angel and African tetra tank

2onhwJn.jpg

Juvenile Altums and discus:

5oDE85V.jpg

discus:
Nfqkjob.jpg

xu9z6gt.jpg

No, thank you. Those are the kind of pictures you see in books and TFH Magazine. You are at a level that few achieve.
It is continued collaboration and exchange of ideas/experience with other aquarists, reading, and a good camera .... :D

Beautiful tanks. :hi:

What shrimp are you planning for the Flex?

Golden Bee Shrimp. Nothing too fancy.
I like the wildforms the best. Right now, in a 30 gallon tank I have wild-form neocaradina and caradina baubaulti.

Wow! That just blew my mind! You should enter that first tank (Is that a FLUVAL 9, or 15 gallon flex?) in the next TOTM contest! That one made me drool..... :drool:

And those Discus are absolutely stunning!! :)

It is a 9 gallon Fluvel Flex. I kinda wish now that I had gotten the 15 gallon- the back filter reservoir area takes up alot of tank. Its a great tank despite. Perfect for shrimp-=only set-up.
Here is my 30 gallon shrimp tank.

This tank has 24 Microrasbora kubotai
and 2 hypoptopoma "Orange otocinclus"

ZUvYlmq.jpg

Do you use liquid fertilizers? Or any sort of nutrition packed substrate? And why donโ€™t you use the hood/LED that came with the Flex? o_O

Welcome! Stunning tanks. The fish are amazing.

Do you use liquid fertilizers? Or any sort of nutrition packed substrate? And why donโ€™t you use the hood/LED that came with the Flex? o_O
I use Thrive All-in-1 ferts from NILOCG. It is the mix for low-tech. I dont do Co2 because of the sensitivity of my fish. The substrate is inert in 30 gallon. In the 9 gallon I used Controsoil.

My shrimp tanks get a 1/2 dose of liquid ferts. These plants are all low light, so dont need alot of ferts. I also use some root tabs around the crypts and lily. Every 4 months- not very often.

The Flex hood was plasticky and cheap. I also constantly had issues aligning it correctly. The hood, being replaced, I also had to get a new light.
This light I have on it now is also so much brighter. Its also perfect because it is kinda modern and contemporary like the curved glass shape of the tank itself.

This light I have on it now is also so much brighter. Its also perfect because it is kinda modern and contemporary like the curved glass shape of the tank itself.
It does! And I am a lover of rimless, and lidless tanks anyway.....:p

It does add a certain modern flare to it! ;)

I see a tank of the month winner in your future. Our next TOTM contest starts around the 1st of september. Consider entering one of your tanks.

I see a tank of the month winner in your future. Our next TOTM contest starts around the 1st of september. Consider entering one of your tanks.
I may, thank you.
But, dont think this forum is a good fit for me.
Thats fine, it happens- cant be all to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back