The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi Jen, welcome to the forums :)
One thing I did when setting up my tanks was get a bottle of Dr Tim's one and only for freshwater, it has live nitrifying bacteria.
It's a bit pricier than other tank start products but it helped me cycle the tank with no problems.

Thanks neil and tooomnsy!!

My little heater came in yesterday so I've got everything I need now to start my fishless cycle!

I'll get to that tonight when I return home.

Scared to death...don't even know why?!

:good:

Don't be scared, it'll be fine as long as you follow instructions on that article. One step at a time ;)

trying to attach pic of my little set up:

FullSizeRender.jpg

it worked!

thrujenseyes said:
Don't be scared! One of the greatest things about doing a fishless cycle is that, even if everything goes horribly wrong, you don't have any fish to worry about
smile.png

fluttermoth said:
Don't be scared! One of the greatest things about doing a fishless cycle is that, even if everything goes horribly wrong, you don't have any fish to worry about
smile.png
Even though I know this is true...I still feel like I'm going to make a mess somehow. Like the tank is going to blow up and shoot thru my roof or something equally ridiculous.

lol, I can assure nothing like that will happen! The worst that can happen is your tank sits around for weeks looking odd, growing strange algae and prompting all your visitors to say, "why haven't you got any fish in your tank"
wink.png

Haha that's funny... Sure hope that doesn't happen! But it's better than the tank shooting thru the roof.

I added my ammonia last night and got it up to 3ppm. Waiting for it to come back down to .75 then the next step... Which I will read 975 times and stress out over

Hello, I, too am a fishaholic. I only started recently, but my addiction has made me spend more money on my fish more than any heroin, meth, and cocaine addicts combined.

RainboWBacoN420 said:
Hello, I, too am a fishaholic. I only started recently, but my addiction has made me spend more money on my fish more than any heroin, meth, and cocaine addicts combined.
well thankfully fish won't ruin your life and wind you up in rehab!

hopefully anyway :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back