Hi Guys

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

EmmanuelSabado

Reaction score
Hi guys! So my name is Emmanuel and I'm here to learn more about fish with the help of you guys! I hope that I could get some friends in the "fish" community as well hahaha!

And maybe this is your ID here, so I'm going to give you the capacity of my tank which is a 5-gallon tank with dimensions of 16 in x 18 in x 10 in 

Again, hi guys! 
fish.gif

walkman.gif

yes.gif

balloon.gif

drinks.gif

thanks.gif

:hi: to the forum, Emmanuel :)

What sort of fish do you have in your tank? Small ones, I hope, as it's a small tank!

Welcome to the forum!

I have three goldfish and two angelfish. The three are all females, too bad. And the two angelfish are, I don't really know. The oter angelfish always bashes at the other one.

fluttermoth said:
welcomeani.gif
to the forum, Emmanuel
smile.png

What sort of fish do you have in your tank? Small ones, I hope, as it's a small tank!
I have three goldfish and two angelfish. The three are all females, too bad. And the two angelfish are, I don't really know. The other angelfish always bashes at the other one.
Should I worry about the two angelfish?

I would be worried about all those fish...

I appreciate things are very different in the Philippines, but none of those fish are suitable for a 5 gallon tank. They are going to get very sick, or even die, if they don't move to a larger tank very soon, I'm afraid.

Goldfish and angels really shouldn't be kept together.

Two angels in one tank, unless they are a mated pair, nearly always ends in disaster. The one that's doing the bashing will probably kill the weaker one :(

Sorry I have to give you such bad news :(

I agree with all fluttermoth has said.

On a lightest note though, welcome to the forum! :D

EmmanuelSabado said:
I have three goldfish and two angelfish. The three are all females, too bad. And the two angelfish are, I don't really know. The other angelfish always bashes at the other one.

Should I worry about the two angelfish?
As fluttermoth said, you have very incompatible fish in a very small tank.  Another aspect to add to what as already mentioned is that the goldfish are cold water fish while the Angels are tropical and require higher temperatures.

The goldfish will also require a MUCH larger tank.  The average suggestion is 30 gallons per goldfish (or larger preferred), plus an additional 10 to 15 gallons for each goldfish.  With that said, just for the goldfish to be happy and healthy, you would need a 50 gallon or larger aquarium.

**removed duplicated post** 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back