Help Please! Random Fish Deaths :(

I don't think a DIY setup would produce enough co2 to harm with without leaking white stuff into the tank...

Ah, I don't use it so I definitely wouldn't know for sure, but just something that came to mind!
 
I think in one of your other posts you have DIY CO2? Are you still doing that? Wonder if something happened with that? :crazy:

Sorry to hear about the fish!

I don't think a DIY setup would produce enough co2 to harm with without leaking white stuff into the tank...

Plus if it was a Co2 leak it would have killed them all!
 
hey guys

Sorry to get back to you late =/ been busy

fishes seem alot better! I think the ram is missing his pal =/ so i might look for a female for him next week :) all the fishes are seeming fine apart from from the baby cockatoo cichlid :( he looks a tad better but at this stage i dont know; he is bloated and swimming strangely

stats all seem good. Water company said they hadn't done anything aswell
 
Can you put the cockatoo in an other tank for now!
 
hey guys

Sorry to get back to you late =/ been busy

fishes seem alot better! I think the ram is missing his pal =/ so i might look for a female for him next week :) all the fishes are seeming fine apart from from the baby cockatoo cichlid :( he looks a tad better but at this stage i dont know; he is bloated and swimming strangely

stats all seem good. Water company said they hadn't done anything aswell

Try feeding him one cooked shelled pea. Ive heard that helps with bloating.

Maybe you should PM Wilder and get her to look at this thread. Shes always a great help with stuff like this...
 
hey guys

the cockatoo is separate from the tank. i removed it yesterday night

ill give it a pea aswell =]
 
When was the last time you added a new fish to the tank? Do you think your newest fish could have brought something to the tank? Did this happen like a week or 2 after adding a new fish? That would be my guess.

Good to hear most are doing ok. Good luck with your cockatoo.
 
hey guys!

last fish was added a month ago possibly longer

SADLY...

my cockatoo died :( i found it dead on a leaf :( RIP little fellow, you were a stunner...

fishes doing okay; still not on the same color as they were before though! but im gonna hold on.

They all fed well, and the little cockatoo that lives is so cute! they way she swims :wub:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top