Help! My cories spawned! What do I do??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think I have 6 or 7 left:(
Six or seven is still six or seven new young fish, more than you had before, and we're all learning from our first experience with breeding cories :) It's pretty amazing that most of us got any to hatch at all, the first time, and totally unexpected spawnings!

I counted 12 or 13 cory fry on Tuesday, lost one on Wednesday, yet I could only count 7 or 8 today... but they blend incredibly well into the sand when they're still, almost perfectly, so hoping there are more than I thought in there! Got some more photos today after cleaning their box and adding a few more microworms.

Fry are now eight and nine days old
DSCF4535.JPG
DSCF4532.JPG
DSCF4527.JPG
DSCF4526.JPG
DSCF4525.JPG
DSCF4524.JPG
DSCF4522.JPG

I counted 12 or 13 cory fry on Tuesday, lost one on Wednesday, yet I could only count 7 or 8 today... but they blend incredibly well into the sand when they're still, almost perfectly, so hoping there are more than I thought in there! Got some more photos today after cleaning their box and adding a few more microworms.

Fry are now eight and nine days old
View attachment 120491View attachment 120492View attachment 120493View attachment 120494View attachment 120495View attachment 120496View attachment 120497
Having fun with the turkey baster?

Few more. Spot the fry! It's like they were perfectly designed to blend into the sand I have.
DSCF4668.JPG
DSCF4667.JPG
DSCF4662.JPG
DSCF4660.JPG
DSCF4655.JPG

Plus a couple of pics of Larry, my single pygmy cory, still chasing the LFS about when they can get some more pygmies in. I adjusted the water GH slightly and added a few guppies to his/the oto tank so he has some mid-water swimmer friends, for now, until I can get hold of some more pygmies. Does seem to help! Have seen him sitting and nibbling on an algae wafer with the otos at times, even saw him nibble gently at an oto, until the oto got annoyed and swam away. He also zooms around and seems to get excited with the guppies when they're excited for a feeding.
DSCF4636.JPG
DSCF4628.JPG

DSCF4551.JPG

Stealth oto
DSCF4620.JPG

DSCF4623.JPG

Oooohh, I see a male cory chasing a female around, he's really on her case! Fingers crossed for a spawn in the morning!

No sightings since early afternoon of the pygmy/habrosus fry in the Hypancistrus tank. The plecos have all been manically racing around, so if it has any sense, it will be hiding.

There's quite a few black cory (probably) fry in the fry tank.

For those of you who may be interested, I just started my baby brine shrimp hatchery. It’s what always got my goldfish growing big. Here’s a pic. If you want more info, just let me know. :)
182099DA-D2F7-4152-9AE2-7347CA4E791C.jpeg

Updated photos, fry are now two weeks old today, they've really grown! I definitely have eight fry left, hoping that all of them will make it. I'd be very happy to have eight survivors, and would probably have to arrange things to keep them all! They actually look like little cories to me now, rather than the tadpole looking things they start off as.
DSCF4782.JPG
DSCF4779.JPG
DSCF4771.JPG
DSCF4770.JPG
DSCF4768.JPG
DSCF4766.JPG
DSCF4765.JPG

I love them so much! I have to keep any that make it, I have to. Even if they grow out in the 15 gallon for a couple of months while I get a bigger tank... Half in the 57 gallon, half (counting the adults) in the 57.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back