Help Me Pick Out New Fish!

Here's a photo

8zgylk.jpg
 
Looks like a carbon fibre floss cartridge. If you haven't used it in an aquarium already the activated carbon would be good to run to remove any copper from the tank that may have contaminated the water although the carbon normally only lasts 2 weeks so in the long run it wouldn't help much. Copper is deadly to invertebrates so you will need to test your tap water and be careful on ornament choice, you can check your water for a copper at your LFS. Cant really tell what is behind the floss which is holding the carbon in so not sure whether the particle size would provide adequate surface area for filtration to occur. Personally I would get an old photographic film canister or larger tub and fill with sponge and place the airline in the bottom to blow air through the sponge. You then need a couple of small holes in the top and bottom and you have just built a filter.
 
Lol, they look like tadpoles that never quite made it to the frog stage.

I've settled on the shrimp. $80 later and left with a husband that thinks I'm mad. :lol:

Hopefully all goes well! Thanks for all your suggestions!
 
OK! Now I'm torn between these combinations for my 2 10 gallons:

Group of Guppies and the ADF's.

1 male Betta and the ADF's

or...

A group of female Bettas and the ADF's.


Which would be the most compatible and/or which group would be better off without frogs?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top