They change colour and they grow large, so I have been told, but I would like to know what they are called so I can do some research on them, they are great fish.
Rainbows are easy to breed. Have a pair or group in a tank and feed them. If the fish are mature they will spawn daily and produce anywhere between 10 & 50 eggs per female per day. The eggs are usually scattered in among plants but the fish will also use spawning mops.
The eggs take about 7days to hatch and the fry are free swimming immediately.
The fry are small and do best on infusoria or green water for the first week. Then newly hatched brineshrimp can be added to their diet. They can also be reared on liquid or powdered fry foods.
They fish remain silver until they are about 6 months old and then the young males start to go red. Adult females are usually bronze or silver.
Rainbowfish need lots of plant matter in their diet. Don’t feed them too much fatty food or too much protein. Avoid frozen bloodworms because it can cause problems to them.