Help. I need grade advice

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DragonScales+Doubletails

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
ok, I am an honor student who has straight As and one F (in math) will I have to Re-do the math course the only reason I have this fail is because of the terrible math website Iready lessons can take an hour at a time. and my mth teacher wants 10 a week not to mention 2 comprehension checks. and the last day to turn in work is tomorrow! Please help. All advice is appreciated.

Things are really different here in the UK, but I would suggest knowing how many points will get you what grade and then choosing the maths subjects you are most confident in (for me, I’d avoid algebra! I have never really got my head around this) as you’ll be able to work through those more quickly.
Do you have a grade that you have to reach to pass, or does it have to be an A?

Are you failing maths because of the teacher or because you can't get access to the course?

There are bad teachers and their students regularly fail. However, if the teacher is good, then all students taught by them should get better at the subject.

If the problem is the teacher, then talk to the head master/ principle and try to get a different teacher.

If the problem is the online course, again talk to the principle and see if they can modify the course or make it more accessible.

Great advice above :)

Just wanted to add that people going through school/college at the moment have had the toughest time in the past few decades and its at a point where school is probably the most advanced. So to be getting straight A's is realy amazing :)

I would speak to the principle about it.

You shouldn’t get a failing grade, because the math website was trash.

Do you have to read/watch the lesson or just answer the questions? If the only thing actually required was answering the questions, maybe you could do a different thing to learn the content, such as Khan Academy, and then go through and answer the questions?

Just wanted to add that people going through school/college at the moment have had the toughest time in the past few decades and its at a point where school is probably the most advanced. So to be getting straight A's is realy amazing :)
It never fails to amaze me that with all of the knowledge out there we still make education such an uphill struggle for our children. I have an Early Years Teaching degree, everything you read points to ‘learning through play’ - do we do that? No! We sit our almost 5 year olds at desks and expect them to be able to absorb the learning…and in my opinion it deteriorates the older the children and young people get 😡

It never fails to amaze me that with all of the knowledge out there we still make education such an uphill struggle for our children. I have an Early Years Teaching degree, everything you read points to ‘learning through play’ - do we do that? No! We sit our almost 5 year olds at desks and expect them to be able to absorb the learning…and in my opinion it deteriorates the older the children and young people get 😡
The public education system in the united states squashes learning and quells the desire to gain knowledge

Everybody's brain works differently. I can get Algebra no problems, but I can't read fiction. I have never been able to get anything out of a novel, I only passed because I read the study notes, but never read the books. Don't beat yourself up over it, some of us are designed to do somethings while others other things. If we were able to do everything yourselves we would have no need for other people. ;)

well, it's too late now. And I forgot to mention I'm in 7th-grade math which is hard and my math skill level is algebra which is also a pain. thanks though
I don’t know how the American system works, is that the grade you are supposed to be in..? I have grandchildren in Years 8 and 10 (13 and 15) and use a site called, “Bitesize” if you put “bitesize maths gcse” into Google you should find it. It’s a BBC site. It has sections linked to the different exam boards here in the UK, but has small, bitesize, items for revision purposes. It gives and explanation, a question and then you can reveal the answer to check your understanding. I certainly need this if helping with maths homework!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back