Help. I need grade advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do you have to read/watch the lesson or just answer the questions? If the only thing actually required was answering the questions, maybe you could do a different thing to learn the content, such as Khan Academy, and then go through and answer the questions?
you take an intro which can take 30min-1hr then you take the "test" kinda thing which is usually 10-20 mins

If there is a minimum time requirement and you need to reach it + pass tests then understandably the teacher has the right to fail you if you're not doing it. But this is coming from my experience when it comes to education in Poland. I too had great grades but I sucked when it came to math and physics. I was bad with both, but I passed physics because I was at least trying to be there and listen. I failed nearly every single exam, but the teacher gave me the minimum pass mark just for attendance and my attitude - she understood I was more into biology and languages, she knew physics are not going to be my chosen subject in Uni.

On the other had my math teacher failed me because I was not even trying, I was skipping her classes. I passed some exams, failed others, but overall grade was given based on attendance as well as grades. I didn't quite hit the mark because most of the time I wasn't even in the classroom. In the end I just had to do a week of 'intensive math camp' in summer and pass the last exam, which at that point was not as bad because the teacher took the whole lot of us and prepared us specifically for that test.

You mentioned your teacher said you're not putting enough time into it- if it's the same for you as it was for me in Poland I'd suggest you talk to the teacher and ask what the expectations are moving forward and what can you do to fix this problem. And then step by step just do it. This has nothing to do with teacher being a bad person, they can be the sweetest person on this planet, but if you're not doing what you're asked to do and don't communicate with the teacher they have every right to fail you.

If you're struggling with the subject, tell the teacher. If it's too fast for you - tell them. If you need recaps - tell them. If you don't they will likely assume you just don't care.

Maths were my favourite subjects in school.
You need more examples and practises to help you understand.

Most teachers showed you just a few simple examples and expect you to do the difficult questions which is ridiculous.

Try to search from internets or books that provide you with many examples and steps by steps or detailed workings.

Even at university level, you can find very good Engineering Maths books by K.Stroud.

If you can give me your Maths syllabus, probably I can try to search for you some useful websites.

ok, I am an honor student who has straight As and one F (in math) will I have to Re-do the math course the only reason I have this fail is because of the terrible math website Iready lessons can take an hour at a time. and my mth teacher wants 10 a week not to mention 2 comprehension checks. and the last day to turn in work is tomorrow! Please help. All advice is appreciated.
My kids hated iReady with a white hot rage in 7th grade! I hope you can work it out, but I think getting mostly As during the chaos of the last year is something to be very proud of!

The public education system in the united states squashes learning and quells the desire to gain knowledge
I'm glad I'm homeschooled.

Yesterday, I was talking to some of my friends at CAP, and all three are public schooled. They said they don't know how to read or write cursive. How do you not know that??

I'm glad I'm homeschooled.

Yesterday, I was talking to some of my friends at CAP, and all three are public schooled. They said they don't know how to read or write cursive. How do you not know that??
I know how to read and write cursive (I am a fountain pen fiend) But thats because my mom taught me

I know how to read and write cursive (I am a fountain pen fiend) But thats because my mom taught me
My grandchildren are taught cursive from Reception class…I’m not sure that I think it’s very helpful at that age, all the lead in lines and ‘flicks’. Nothing they are learning to read have letters that look like that. I remember being about 9 and learning to ‘join-up’… I must say though, with everything being on the computer now my handwriting has deteriorated 😢

I was 9 as well - we learned joined up writing in Miss Evans class, which was for the year where you had your 10th birthday and my birthday is near the end of the school year. Classes didn't didn't have numbers or names back then, the primary school I went to identified the class by the teacher's name.

I was 9 as well - we learned joined up writing in Miss Evans class, which was for the year where you had your 10th birthday and my birthday is near the end of the school year. Classes didn't didn't have numbers or names back then, the primary school I went to identified the class by the teacher's name.
🙂 yes, and then, when your handwriting hit a certain level of accomplishment you were awarded a “Handwriting Pen”! Oh how you thought you had made it in life if you had one of those 😂

We didn't have awards like that :( But in the last class (Mrs Hooton's class) we progressed from pencils to pen and ink - an inkwell in a hole in the desk, and a pen with a nib which had to be dipped in the inkwell every few words. When we moved to secondary school we had to use fountain pens. Using a ballpoint was a punishable offence.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back