Help I Am Going To Throw My Filter Out.

That is why you should consider such things before buying.


Consider what things??? The fact this this stupid thing would break? I don't even think it is broken I have only had it for 6 months and it has run like a dream up until now. I never had any problems with it. When I cleaned it last time I could get it to work with little problems.

You are not being very helpful at all. I am extremely frustrated and you comment adds to my frustrations.


flying_jack thanks I will try rinsing it in hot water. I rubbed it off with a cloth but I will try again.
 
Lol been here and got the T-shirt,

Do you have an internal filters or powerheads lying around that have the same diameter outlet as the hose on the external?

If yes attach the internal filter to the inlet hose, and turn on the internal so that it is pumping water through the external, once the external is full and water is flowing throught the spray bar simply turn off the internal and turn on the external,

If the above isn't an option take the outlet hose and hold it as high as possible, add a funnel to the end and fill it with water until the cannister and hose is full of water, then aim the outlet over the tank and switch on the filter, hopefully it will work but if not give this method another couple of trys, It does usually work after a few attempts
 
I thought I would do an update. So after not looking or thinking about the filter for a few weeks I finally got up the nerve to do it again this time with a clear head. canister

I filled It all up made sure all tubes were full canister was full. I had both intake and outlet tubes in the water at the time when I switched the filer on and It worked like a dream Till I noticed The water was going out the intake and in the outlet. My filter is running great now just the wrong way.

I need to play around with it a bit more and add more filter medium to the canister since I used some to seed my backup filter.

:blush: :crazy: :crazy:
 
congrats on getting it sorted.

Maybe you should trying ringing eheim themselves? Hagen have a factory about 40 mins from me and i always used to ring them when i used fluval kit if i had any issues and they were more than happy to help (for free too)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top