Help! Girls Fighting! Scared!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok, i just got three females. i came home and put the other two that i already had in together. HELP! They're fighting! Is this the pecking order or death??? HELP! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

this is bad!

Just to make sure....you have 5 females together..yes?? It could just be pecking order and they will soon sort themselves out. Just make sure they have lots of hiding places to get away from each other. Another thing that seems to work is to take all of them out and bag them separately and then rearrange the tank. After about an hour you can release them back in altogether starting with the most timid first and the most aggressive last.

The other possibility is that you may have a male or 2 amongst them.....which happens quite often unfortunately.

Some pics of your girls would be really helpful if you can get some :good:

and btw...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY :- :- :- :kana:

thx netty, it's nice to hear from u :nod: . Well, they seemed to calm down a bit. I had to put one of the females (or male) in a breeding trap because it was getting bad. I get some pics on soon.

thx for noticing my birthday btw :).

I hope your 'girls' settle down soon! I had a tank with 3 so called females and it took me months to finally get 3 real girls and not male impersonators :rolleyes: I'm now down to one girlie sadly but she's as happy as larry and such a gorgeous pearly blue colour :good:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :drink: :- :cool: :bday:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back