Hello

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Starfishy6660

Reaction score
Hello I am Starfishy6660.
Ā 
I have had my fish tank (36 gallons/120 litres) for a year. I haveĀ 7 neon tetras,Ā 5 cory catfish (2 albino, 1 panda and 2 others), 3 YoYo loaches, 2 Gourami's and a few snails which the YoYo loaches areĀ getting around too fast. I only got the YoYo loaches at the weekend. I will post a picture when I work out how to do it..
Ā 
My question is should I get a couple more YoYo loaches. The fish shop told me 3 would be a good number but I have read on-line that you should have at least 5 of them.
unsure.png

welcomeani.gif
to the forum!
Ā 
Look forwards to seeing the pic of your tank set up and stocking.
Ā 
You can post pictures through photo bucket or flicker and use the URL code to add to posts on the media icon.
Ā 
I'm not sure about yo yo loaches to be honest, would have thought they need a bigger tank than your 120l tank but hopefully someone will come and give you a straight answer about that.
Ā 
Hope you enjoy the forum!Ā 
smile.png

Welcome to the forum!
Ā 
The yo-yo's will most definitely outgrow the tank, and need to be kept in groups of 6+. They'd also prefer sand substrate for their barbels.
They can get up to 6". I think the minimum tank size for them is something like a 50-55g but having them in the right numbers takes up a lot of bioload in that.
Ā 
Keep an eye on your gourami as the yo-yo's can be a little nippy and the gourami of course has those cute feelers trailing down.
Ā 
Quite honestly I've never had them, but have tried reading a little bit. If any of this was wrong someone please correct me, for the sake of the OP and me, as I'd like some one day as well
smile.png

Ā 
Also a bit concerned about your cories, as they prefer to be with their own..type? (I never can remember the word for it) They also prefer groups of 6+.
Like the albinos are aeneus & the panda is, actually, panda. :lol:
Ā 
If you can post some pictures of them I'm sure someone can help you ID the other ones you have!

Hey Starfishy
welcomeani.gif
Ā  to this tropical
fish.gif
forum..
Ā 
This is friendly
fish.gif
forum to share your fish tank problems.

Most reactions

Back