Hello There.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishIsReadyForTakeOff

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, im mordecai, but you can call me mordy, i dont mind.

I have two tanks ive had since two months ago, and i love this hobby of mine. Everytime i get paid i go to petsmart. Im addicted. Litterally.

----------------

Im my bathroom i have a small tank, about the size of a regular fish bowl. When i get paid 200 bucks next month im going to buy a bit bigger filtered tank. In the tank, i have my male betta, who ive named pearl. Hes white and pink with blue spots on his sides. When i first got him two months ago, he was very nervous and had no color whatsoever. Now hes beautiful. In the tank right now is a bridge, but i might put his moon rock decor back in their.

He acts like a dog. Yep, im serious. When he wants food, he will look at me. He doesnt mind me petting him, and he goes side to side when im about to feed him. When he sleeps he goes under the bridge thats in his tank. Dog fish. Its pretty clear.

----------------

In my five gallon tank, i have a log decoration that i enjoy alot, and my guys in there seem to love it. I also have three plants, black and white gravel, and a house that looks a bit like a japanese tower. I clean it once a month, and within that month i move stuff around, but not too often. I have to actually clean it tomorrow though because the gravel is already very dirty and i didnt clean it good enough when i first put it in there so it messed it up, and im also going to start putting live plants in there soon.

I have a ghost shrimp named lucent and shes pregnant with 20 eggs.

I have a mystery snail named turbo. He'll be at one spot, and all of a sudden ill turn around and he'll be in a totally different spot. Thats why hes...a mystery... nice joke mordy :I

I have two mollies named unicorn and whimsy. They will eat anything that hasnt already been eaten, and they love to swim across the tank alot. Theyre black and gold orange. Their eyes freak me out a bit because theyre pure black. Not able to see the pupils.

I have three twins named pearl, garnet, and amethyst.

Last but not least, an albino cory catfish named nev, who is so beautiful and probably my favorite fish. I care about him dearly.

----------------

Dont worry, theyre all pretty small, so the tank isnt small for them yet. I wouldn't dare to be one of those people who crowd fish. I care about them alot, and i make sure their tank is always clean.

Hi and welcome, Good thing you are here because after reading both your posts you need serious help with your tanks.

Im my bathroom i have a small tank, about the size of a regular fish bowl.
How big is this bowl you have a betta in? In my opinion keeping a betta in anything less that a 5 gallon is cruel to the fish. And its Where? In the bathroom?

In the tank right now is a bridge, but i might put his moon rock decor back in their.

Bettas like live plants in their tank including floating plants. Not bridges or moon rock. My betta sleeps near the top of the tank on real floating plants.

Excuse you, my tanks are perfectly fine. It even says my betta is in that fish tank because i dont have enough money for a bigger one. Your rudeness is making me want to leave.

Again not being rude, Just asking questions and giving you my opinion. I made the same mistakes when I started in this hobby.

FishIsReadyForTakeOff said:
Excuse you, my tanks are perfectly fine. It even says my betta is in that fish tank because i dont have enough money for a bigger one. Your rudeness is making me want to leave.

Hi buddy, welcome to the forum :)

Please don't take Nick's comments as rude. I'm sorry to say that your tanks are not 'fine' :( You have the wrong kinds of fish for your tanks, in inappropriate numbers (corydoras should always be kept in groups, for instance).

There's nothing wrong with small tanks, but you need to buy the right species of fish for them; you can't just buy fish on a whim and expect them to do well.

Also, all tanks should be having weekly partial water changes. Once a month is just not often enough, I'm afraid.

Are your tanks filtered at all? And how do you clean the filters out?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back