Hello! I'm new to this forum, but not new to fishkeeping

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hahaha why is that? It's not very active.
Had a fish emergency, no one helped All day and most of the night. Close to 20 something hours, by the time someone replied I was asleep. It was around 3am and in the morning my little tiger barb was already gone :( came on here and couldn’t have been happier with the people on here

Had a fish emergency, no one helped All day and most of the night. Close to 20 something hours, by the time someone replied I was asleep. It was around 3am and in the morning my little tiger barb was already gone :( came on here and couldn’t have been happier with the people on here
I was always helping people on fl. I was one of the most active people on there
Too bad they lost me. Sucks as they aren't responding. What was wrong with your tiger barb ?

Oh since when.. this happend a few weeks ago when my tiger barb was sick. No one would help me, I prefer here better.
Well, then a few months ago you would get replies in a few minutes. Normally, just put the prefix on the thread "emergency", or "important", you'll get help quicker.

Well, then a few months ago you would get replies in a few minutes. Normally, just put the prefix on the thread "emergency", or "important", you'll get help quicker.
I used to check every thread. If I knew how to help I would. People just aren't that active anymore.

Forums all around the world are closing down due to lack of membership. If you post a thread and very few people are using the forum, it will take longer to get a response, assuming you get one at all.

Lots of people are using Facebook and other social media networks to ask for help with their fish but they don't normally get good responses. So it's a matter of finding an active forum and hoping it remains active.

One of the issues with this forum is your first post gets held and checked by moderators before it is released to the public and before you can make any more posts live. This can be an issue for new members who need help when they post a thread saying "help, my fish is sick", but the thread gets held in limbo until a moderator views and checks it. This can take a few hours or more depending on who is online.

For any new members who have joined the forum but not posted anything yet, make your first post now and say hi. Then if you need help later on, you will be able to post a thread immediately :)

Another issue with forums is they are based in different parts of the world and might be UK based or US based. People using the forum could be from the other side of the world and come online and nobody is here because they are all asleep. This can make forums look quiet :)

I was always helping people on fl. I was one of the most active people on there
Too bad they lost me. Sucks as they aren't responding. What was wrong with your tiger barb ?
Not sure, didn’t get to find out. I believe it was some sort of internal infection

Yeah I did that. Mabye they are a us based and I’m in Australia, that’s the only thing I can think of

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back