Head and Tail Lights

pmoyniha

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I have had my H&T Lights for about 6 months now. Up until this week they have been eating flake food just fine with a mix of other stuff everynow and again, one of their favorites being crushed shrimp pellets. This week they all but stopped eating the flakes. If a larger flake is drifting down they will eat it but otherwise they don't touch the stuff. My Rasboras seem to relish the flakes as they eat them pretty quickly, but the poor H&T Lights aren't eating them. My water paramerters seem fine. The only thing I can think of is that I recently did some aquascaping by moving a bunch of the plants around as I took one out. But I thought the stress caused by that would have subsided by now.

If you have any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks
Pat

Maybe the food has gone stale? Dunno if that would keep them from eating it, but it does need to be replaced now and then, as it loses its nutritional value after a time. :unsure:

How long does that take? The food is only about a month old. My Harlequins are eating it though and so are the Clown loaches when it hits bottom.

Have you tried to feed them anything else? My Head and Tail lights eat peas that have been blanched and peeled, bloodworms as well as flake food. Mine are also pretty mellow fish, so they dont really fight for the food, is there a chance that they are competing for the food with the other tank mates? Good luck and let us know how things go.
Sandy

Naw, no competition, the harlequins aren't big enough to compete. It jsut seems a lack of interest in the flakes all of a sudden. They will eat other stuff.. im jsut wondering why they lost interest..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back