have you ever had ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

slt

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
just wonderd if anyone else as been troubled with , well its like a fluresent green
colour -_- sitting on the sand substrate at the front of the tank :( it looks like a shower of what i'd call paint powder, it does'nt look like any algea i've ever seen -_- we used the aqua vac and removed it then replaced the sand that had been taken out with it, any info on what it could be and how to remove it for good :D would be much appreciated :)

Did you get any pics,could it be a type of slime algea?

nope no pics :( but if it comes back wich it probs will i'll get some of it,
i dont think its slime algea :unsure:

If it's any type of algae, all you need are some hungry mollies to take care of it. I swear, those mollies are like little maids in your tank. They eat any algae they can find.

Valerie

lol :lol: thanks val, yes i no we got some black mollies and there making light work of the hair algea we had :rolleyes: but there not touching this :/

Oh yeah, I meant to answer your question too, guess I was too busy laughing and forgot. :)

I sometimes get algae on the glass infront of the sand, usually where the sand is deeper from the cichlids building mountains. Sometimes it's bright green, sometimes it darker green. It comes and goes. I just whipe it off and it stays away for months at a time.

ah the answer :lol: thanks mogo yes it is a bright green, but i aint seen this sort of algea before :blink: just hoping its not some sort of bactiria :(
thanks mogo :thumbs:

lol :lol: yes it is graeme :D cause we'v got it in our tank hehe :p :p :lol:

It is now, I've been brewing it in my basement for years!!! :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about it slt, don't think it's bacteria, more than likely some kind of algae.

Most reactions

trending

Back