Has Anyone Tried One Of These?

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
5,227
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Bristol UK
Whilst i was buying my corys i also purchased a fintro,(see pic below),you basically put your fish from the bag into this trap,then over the course of 30-40 mins,it gradually trickles water from your tank into the trap,through a valve based on one side,once nearly full the fish are ready to go in the tank,
The only draw back is once its reached the top it says it may sink slowly,so if you don't want lfs water in your tank,its probably best to get the fish out :rolleyes:
I used it acclimatising my new habrosus cories,seemed very good, :good:

Suppose to be good for fish up to 5/6cms long
Anyone else used one?

 
I had one for a while but because of the size limits its of limited use really I think. Mine had a tendency to go lop sided as well and just tip the fish in when it over balanced. But yeah quite a good idea
 
i always look at them when im in the maidenhead aquatics, they look good for small fish as you said, they should make one for rays and other big fish, then id buy one lol
good idea i think
 
It looks sort of like a solution in search of a problem to me. Maybe its just me, but a drip acclimation using a bucket and a knotted piece of air line never tips over or sinks and the rate of adding the new water to the bucket is easily controlled. When done, the water is not in the tank but in the bucket so I get to decide where that water goes.
 
I use the drip method as well. I like the measure of control that this gives and is the only option if you are trying to acclimate fish from soft water to hard waetr or vice versa.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top