hammys

b.c.f.c

Fishaholic
Reaction score
sorry i havnt been on the forum for a while now and last time i was on i posted that my hamster ople was pregnant and had had the pups.well a lot has happend since then, she had 11 in totlal which ive heard is a lot for the first litter and they are all very cute.theres 3 ginger ones and 8 brown/grey ones (5 males 6 females).3 have found new homes already and the other 8 are off to new homes and the pet shop on saturday.i didnt intend for some to go to the pet shop but there being so many ive had to.i may be keeping 1 ive named him stuart after stuart little because he looks a bit like a mouse with a pointey head lol.im sorry i havnt been able to send pics.any ways it has been a great experiance but im never doing it again as it is very hard work petting cleaning and feeding 13 hammys so any body who is finking about doing it for the first time just expect a lot of work o and ople is doing great and she was a great mom as u can tell rearing 11 in her first litter.thx a lot rob. :D

Great to hear all went well and that most of them are off to new homes soon ! I'm sure you've chosen a petshop where they seem to look after and care for their hamsters well and have a good turn around ā€“ itā€™s really not nice for hamsters to live in crowded conditions as they sometimes do in petshops :/ . But Iā€™m sure if youā€™ve handled them well, they will find lovely new homes soon !
11 isn't the norm but not that unusual either. I've had hamsters with litters larger than that :crazy:

I used to breed hamsters on quite a full time basis but Iā€™m really glad you pointed out what hard work it is ! I always hand tamed my hamsters and spent loads of time with them. Kids donā€™t want nippy hamsters or else they wonā€™t look after them !
Enjoy having just your two again.

I've bred my hamsters in the past before, my original female hamster Luna(syrian) had 16 babys first time she got pregnant when she was 4 and a half months old :crazy: :fun: luckily though i had spent alot of time preparing and had 7 hamster cages and had made a deal with my lps before the hammys were born that they would take all of them for free or any that i didn't rehome- well they were a little shocked to say the least when i told them 2 weeks later i had 16 baby hamsters :D !
I still have 3 ones left from that large litter that are all adult but i havn't got around to rehoming yet but i will probably rehome 2 of them when i move into my new place.

16 thats a lot of little critters and i thought 11 was a big litter.well as i sed its been grt and all the local kids love them wen my sister brings them to see the hamsters and now there very tame appart frm 1 thats a little bugger.its a great pet store which there going to and will be well looked after so im pleased about that.thx for the info people have giv me on here about them and i hope other ppl have learnt a bit about breeding and keeping hammys as i have.thx. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back