guppy fry problem i think

leah9798

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi! Well this is kind of gross but my fry is about a month old and just from last night (hes in a floating breeder) there is sooo much waste. It just won't stop coming out. I haven't fed him yet today because I am unsure if I should or not. Some of them are really long and stringy but it just keeps coming. I've always fed him flakes, is it from that or overfeeding maybe? Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks other than looking hungry he seems fine. Leah

:eek: Long stringy #### from a fishes arse is normally constipation.
Yes i know that means it cant take a ####, But it will expode if it dont.
Feed it live blood worm or water flea.
Sorry if blunt but i bet it works :fun:

Constipation and bowel problems are common in fish that don't get a varied diet. Its a good idea to use flake food and then a few times a week feed either live food or freeze dried food. I use flakes and then freeze dried blood worms and daphnia and sometimes live brine shrimp.

Yup - the only long trailing poops I tend to see are on well pregnant livebearers - and I'm sure that equates to a similar human problem when in the "about to be a mother" condition (!).

Muchos varied feeding within the parameters for the fish means you rarely see poop in strings and only get a haze of muck off the bottom when vacuuming at water change time.

Also too many fish in limited territories that stops a lot of swimming (this is different from too many fish inches per gallon) means they don't swim a lot and get constipated.

My 55 gall tank is a long and not very deep back to front and everyone can swim around a LOT without bumping into each other's territories - up and down the length of the tank. Rarely see a problem with pooping.

try getting some sanils in the tank, they eat s*** like there is no tommorow thats what i do

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back