What's new

Guppy fry control

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Bettas will go ballistic with adult male fancy guppies sometimes, as the huge tails confuse them into thinking they are being challenged to a fight. A predator in a 10 is hard, because with a few guppies, the tank is already full.

Bettas will go ballistic with adult male fancy guppies sometimes, as the huge tails confuse them into thinking they are being challenged to a fight. A predator in a 10 is hard, because with a few guppies, the tank is already full.
Yeah if to much make guppy’s betta will get frightene and scared and can even die

I don’t now what fish will eat the guppy fry because when my guppy’s have ther fry the Males or females don’t even try to eat them.

Male and female bettas or just male?

It's the tail with males. In a 10, they'd be at close quarters. How big tailed fancy guppy females would fare, I don't know. I don't keep them.

The only small fry predators I can think of need to be in groups and 10 gallons with guppies there already won't work. Buying fish for a function is usually a bad idea anyway, as they have long lives and short 'functions'. Add fish because you have space and like them, or it tends to end badly for them.

A female Betta splendens would be fine with the male guppies though.

Use a turkey baster to suck them out and put the babies into your separate betta tank, cichlid tank, etc.

You don’t need ‘fry control’ for livebearers. They’ll breed until they reach stocking capacity for the tank, then the population will remain stable. They won’t overcrowd the tank.

There are plenty fish species that will eat guppy fry. Black widow tetras, white skirt (widow) tetras, dwarf cichlids, barbs, rainbows, etc... Too many to mention.
If there isn't any hiding places, the adult guppies will eat most of the fry.
Not all guppies will eat fry. It's very individual if a guppy chases and eats fry. But to be sure if you don't know how the adults will behave once the fry are swimming around, some hiding spots would be preferable, of course...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back