Guppy Baby Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
yay! another of the millions of questions about guppies around here. ill try to make mine not boring, however. okay, so on december 19th i became a father-in-law (at the age of 12 :lol: ) and was wondering if the babies of guppies develop any color during their babyhood because i have plain, colorless ones. i was wondering because platies and mollies and swordtails are born with color but i wasnt sure if guppies were.

thanks
astonn24vantage

Guppies are plan in colour and can take 4-8 weeks to start to develop any colour, Moscows will express black colouration from 2-3 weeks of age on males.

ok! i dont wanna have plain, ugly, dull fish. thanks for the quick responses.

well idk if my females were moscows but my fry have developed color in 2 weeks? and all have black on them from 2 different females..what do moscows look like?

Moscow gene expresses 100% colouring to the whole body.
This is why fry show black marking from a young age.

Here is one of my Moscow blues
72552_496946437344_544107344_6801151_1306485_n.jpg

nice. i can only get fancy and "assorted" from where i live, if the lfs can tell the difference in gender your lucky! can i nominate your guppy for fish of the month? (cause i will)

wooow nice looking fish! the lfs only says fancy guppy but the last female that gave birth was half black half clear and her fry are all colored and they r only about 4 weeks old

A nice half black guppy can be just as stunning as that Moscow. I never buy them at my club auctions because I simply have no place in my tanks to set them up for breeding and I won't pay the price just to dump them in with my other guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back