Truck
UKAPS
yep...i use toysrus...better than argos IMO theres no silt
the silt is like a fine powdered sand that takesa while to settlei use argos sand but that because its the only sand i can get my hands on.....although i can get proper sand for an aquarium the argos sand is a much nicer colour, compared to the dull colour of "offical" aquarium sand...can i see a photo of your tank with the toys r us sand? whats silt? ive heard it before but never really learnt what it is lol
btw 3ndl3r i really like what you have done with your tank, ive got hold of some slate like stuff, is yours natural?
yeah theyre real...got them from aqua essentials for £12 and thats only half of what i ordered lolhm maybe thats what i still have floating in my tank then lol does it look like tiny little white specs?? cannot get rid of it! btw, i like your rocks are they real???
you cant see the clay in my tank but its there...i use two grades of sand...gritty and then fine on top.I've seen lots of tanks with sand in that appear to have a base substrate under it, including some pictured in this thread.
Firstly, what is the base layer? Clay?
Secondly, do you use it for planting in and if so, is that it's only use or is it for giving contours too?
Cheers
adding some clay cat litter under neath the sand will bind nutrients from the water column and release them slowly over time to the roots.If I am going to be adding plants to the sand then do I need something else under the sand. Figured i could just plant them in the sand.
adding some clay cat litter under neath the sand will bind nutrients from the water column and release them slowly over time to the roots.If I am going to be adding plants to the sand then do I need something else under the sand. Figured i could just plant them in the sand.
id say its beneficial
ive never washed it and my fish have been fine and it has never cloudedadding some clay cat litter under neath the sand will bind nutrients from the water column and release them slowly over time to the roots.If I am going to be adding plants to the sand then do I need something else under the sand. Figured i could just plant them in the sand.
id say its beneficial
Fair enough might have a look tomorrow. Will be putting this toys r us sand in tomorrow when tank comes. Got 2 bags of it. Did you say it does not require cleaning or should I clean it just to be safe. It does say on the bags that already clean.
ive never washed it and my fish have been fine and it has never cloudedadding some clay cat litter under neath the sand will bind nutrients from the water column and release them slowly over time to the roots.If I am going to be adding plants to the sand then do I need something else under the sand. Figured i could just plant them in the sand.
id say its beneficial
Fair enough might have a look tomorrow. Will be putting this toys r us sand in tomorrow when tank comes. Got 2 bags of it. Did you say it does not require cleaning or should I clean it just to be safe. It does say on the bags that already clean.
james, how many bags of argos play sand did you buy for your agaurium?? looks very nice what fish are you gonna keep in there?
btw 3ndl3r i really like what you have done with your tank, ive got hold of some slate like stuff, is yours natural?