Gourmis Can Eat Apples Rite?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jasonskillz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just wondering what kinds of food are not safe for giant gourmis
whatever i throw in the tank, it just eats it, what if i throw in something its not supose to eat? :-(

Well, what would you throw in that it's not supposed to eat? And even if you did, I think it would spit it back out again. My Goldfish used to eat it's own poo then spit it out again. :sick:

i dont think much fruits/veggies for be bad for them. Id just avoid think like mushrooms, garlick, onin, oranges, and things like that. And are you going to upgrade his tank? 130 gallons will be far too small when fully grown.

like i said many times, i will upgrade later on
like i said many times again, its still a juvenille, around 11"s
plenty of room for it now, but later when i time comes, when i needs more room, i can get another tank

actually...garlic is WONDERFUL for fish, helps them fight off parasites and all that jazz.... just fyi

It's best to avoid citrus fruits and things liie avocado (though i'd think that's somewhat obvious lol). Most other things are relatively safe. Having said that, it's better tos tick with things you KNOW are safe. Apple's fine BTW.

actually...garlic is WONDERFUL for fish, helps them fight off parasites and all that jazz.... just fyi

Garlick may be good for fish but adding it directly to the tank probally wont be so good as it would make a mess and i doubt the gourami will eat a chunk of garlic. I dont know if your refering to a liquid garlick supplement added to food, but its really overrated. From most of the reviews ive read they said it made little or no difference in fish quality/health

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back