Gouramie Members Inventory.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My Name: Ruskull

My Gourami: Opaline Gourami female named "Opaline"

Tankmates of My Gourami: (2) Pearl Gouramis (6) Von Rio Flame Tetras (5) Lemon Tetras (6) Cherry Barbs (1) Bristlenose Pleco Female

Harmony in tank: Pretty good, the Opaline chases the male Pearl but doesn't mess with the female Pearl. She rules the tank but she's larger than the male Pearl at the moment.

I Feed: Omega One Flake, Tetra Flake, Algae Wafers, Bottom Feeder Pellets, Frozen Bloodworms, Frozen Brine Shrimp

My water temp: 78.3 degrees F

My Water pH: 7.0 - 7.2

I have bred My Fish: Not Yet

Number of eggs: N/A

Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: She had a pinkish 1/4 inch long raised line on one side near her dorsal fin. Also had one feeler get all short & white.

How I treated the disease/Illness: Seachem Metronidazole according to dosage on package. Also used Kordon rid fungus

Current age of Gouramie: Young, maybe 1-2 years old. I had her for 4 months.

Other points: She's currently the alpha female and she chases the male Pearl sometimes but the female Pearl, who is the largest, isn't afraid of her & the Opaline generally doesn't mess with her.

Position in tank: All over the tank

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN0379.jpg

My Gouramie: Pearl Gourami female named "Sadie"

Tankmates of My Gourami: (1) Male Pearl Gourami (1) Opaline Gourami (6) Von Rio Flame Tetras (5) Lemon Tetras (6) Cherry Barbs (1) Bristlenose Pleco Female

Harmony in tank: Pretty good, the Opaline chases the male Pearl but doesn't mess with the female Pearl. Sometimes the female Pearl chills out near the bottom behind some plants and the male hunts for her. I think it's more of a game than actual aggression since he really doesn't hurt her. He does lightly bite at her but I've never seen any damage.

I Feed: Omega One Flake, Tetra Flake, Algae Wafers, Bottom Feeder Pellets, Frozen Bloodworms, Frozen Brine Shrimp

Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: She had a pinkish white bump on her forehead.

How I treated the disease/Illness: Seachem Metronidazole according to dosage on package. Also used Kordon rid fungus

Current age of Gouramie: Young, maybe 2 years old. I've had her for 3 months.

Other points: She's the most mellow fish in the tank. She's also the largest but most docile.

Position in tank: All over the tank, sometimes hides in plants near the bottom front corner. She's the least afraid of me and will almost eat from my hand.

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN0370.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

My Gouramie: Pearl Gourami male named "King Leeri"

Tankmates of My Gourami: (1) Female Pearl Gourami (1) Opaline Gourami (6) Von Rio Flame Tetras (5) Lemon Tetras (6) Cherry Barbs (1) Bristlenose Pleco Female

Harmony in tank: Pretty good, the Opaline chases the male Pearl but doesn't mess with the female Pearl. Sometimes the female Pearl chills out near the bottom behind some plants and the male hunts for her. I think it's more of a game than actual aggression since he really doesn't hurt her. He does lightly bite at her but I've never seen any damage. He's the smallest Gourami in the tank & he's starting to chase the female Opaline back sometimes.

Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: None

Current age of Gourami: Young, maybe 1-2 years old. I've had him for 3 months.

Other points: Easily the most striking looking fish in the tank.

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

My Gourami: Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami Male named "King Powder"

Tankmates of My Gourami: (5) Glowlight Tetras (4) Fancy Guppies (3) Trilineas Corydoras (3) Molly Fry

Harmony in tank: Pretty good, he rules without question but really just ignores all the other fish except the fry in the net. He'd probably like a snack.............

My water temp: 78-79 degrees F

My Water pH: 6.8 last time I checked but it does vary a bit

How I treated the disease/Illness: N/A

Current age of Gourami: Young, maybe 1 year old. I've had him for a month & a half and he's very solid looking at about 2.25 inches long

Other points: Very active, swimming gracefully from side to side & nipping at the fry net

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

My Name: Crossfire

My Gourami: Sparkling Gourami Pair (Male and Female)

Tankmates of My Gourami: 9 Pink Jewel Tetras, 2 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Peacock Goby, Unknown amount of cherry shrimp, 2 Amano, I red crystal shrimp

Harmony in tank: Incredibly peaceful and indifferent to other fish, unless its feeding time. Then they become a little more shy.

I Feed: New Life Spectrum +Thera-A, Freeze-Dried Brine Shrimp, Frozen Bloodworm, Algae Tab, occasional pea or lettuce

My water temp: 78 degrees in the day, 76 at night

My Water pH: A solid 7.6

I have bred My Fish: Not Yet :sad:

Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: None so far

Current age of Gourami: Tiny when purchased, perhaps under a year old

Other points: Active when it wants to be, hidden like a ninja otherwise. Likes to court by circleing each other like sharks. When circling, is possible to hear "chirping" sounds like a little baby bird. Very smart fish, I've trained them to eat food from a cup and "bottle-feed" them with a syringe filled with tank water and food.

Position in tank: Everywhere

Pics of my Gourami:
My female Ramuné
PC261086.jpg

PC261085.jpg

My Name: Ram8349
My Gouramie: Dwarf Gourami
Tankmates of My Gouramie:
Harmony in tank: Dwarf Gourami is the boss.
I Feed: New Life Specturm A+ 0.5mm pellets.
My water temp:around 78~80F
My Water pH: around 7.8~8.0
I have bred My Fish: Yes.
Number of eggs: Hundreds.
Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: The initial pair died off unknown reasons within a week of purchase (refused to eat etc before dying).
How I treated the disease/Illness: Not Applicable
Current age of Gouramie: 1.5 years
Other points of interest - The initial male Dwarf Gourami built the bubble nest.
Position in tank: Everywhere.
Videos
The first pair I bought - (I actually bought 6 at once, then realized they did not like each other, so I returned 4 of them and left only a pair)

Spawning under the bubble nest

The building of the bubble nest (before I returned the other 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxgp7Ipw8nk

At 8-week-old(time of this video). The only two survived fry (the siblings don't like each other) They started to show aggression as early as 4 weeks old while they didn't even look like fish. The male just started to show color at the time I took this video. I separated the two shortly after into two different tanks.

The female is the boss of a 10 gallon planted tank, and she has some personality... which she would always spit water at me whenever I open the top panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Nnn_b7S0g

The male is the boss of the 40 gallon planted community tank. He often chase after the German Blue Ram and only the German Blue Ram. He looks just like his daddy.
This video isn't dedicated to him though... but he is shown at the beginning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zY1XUPgDZQ

My Name: David

My Gouramie: Three spot (female) Big Blue the Barbarian

Tankmates of My Gouramie: two albino cory, two bronze cory

Harmony in tank: Fine if left alone, Doesn't care for my jealous dog. Is quite happy with cories as company.

I feed: Mainly Tetramin flakes, with bloodworms and bits of algae waifers. With a bit of vegatables on occasion.

My water Temp: around 75F

My water pH: 7.0

I have bred my fish: no

Diseases/Illnesses experienced: None

How I treated the disease/illneses: N/A

Current age of Gouramie: around 1.5 years

Other points of interest: Bows up her fins and rushes the front of the tank if I pick up the dog so he can see the tank. Nibbles my finger when I am testing. Knows if the hatch comes open it's feeding time and waits for me. If the lid comes off, 'Poo! Dad's messing with my house again!' and she hides out in her sleeping spot.

Position in tank: Roams about. Tucks away in one corner mongst the plants to sleep. Tends to follow the corys looking for any nibbles they might miss.

My Name: Noahs ark6

My Gourami: 2 dwarfs

Tankmates of My Gourami: Male Betta, 2 angelfish, 6 harlequins, 3 boesmani rainbowfish

Harmony in tank: Suprisingly good. Gouramis are shy but havent been bullied or attacked once

I Feed: King british flake as the staple diet and frozen mosquito larvae and blood worm

My water temp: 25.5oc

My Water pH: 6.7

I have bred My Fish: Never have and never want to
Number of eggs:..............

Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: Very weak fish. Have had ich.

How I treated the disease/Illness: Interpet anti fungus. worked very well

Current age of Gourami: Ive had them for about 2 months, but are young

Other points: Very timid but lovely fish

Position in tank: ??? they're fish...

My Gourami: Golden Honey Gourami Male named "King Bully" but he was sold to me as a Dwarf Gourami. :rolleyes: Now that he's matured I think he might be a Thick Lipped Gourami because of the size of his lips, the coloration, and the overall size at 3 inches.

Tankmates of My Gourami: (1) Bolivian Ram Male (1) Marigold Variatus Platy Male (5) Glowlight Tetras (4) Fancy Guppies (8) Trilineatus Corydoras (1) Bristlenose Pleco Female

Harmony in tank: Decent, but he does bully the Ram & Platy a bit.........

My water temp: 76-77 degrees F

Current age of Gourami: Young, maybe 1 and a half years old. I've had him for about 6 months or so

Other points: Medium activity level when compared to other Gouramis I've had. Very Aggressive for a Honey Gourami. He bullied his brother so much that I had to relocate the brother (Listed in another post)

Position in tank: All over the tank but favors the top, away from the light sometimes.

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1419.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1417.jpg

My Gourami: Golden Honey Gourami Male named "King Jewel" but he was sold to me as a Dwarf Gourami. Now that he's matured I think he might be a Thick Lipped Gourami because of the size of his lips, the coloration, and the overall size at just under 3 inches.

Tankmates of My Gourami: (2) Bolivian Rams (Pair) (1) Hifin Platy Male (2) Glass Catfish (16) Neon Tetras (3) Otocinclus Catfish (1) Kuhli Loach (1) Ghost Shrimp

Harmony in tank: Perfect, he does rule the tank though, which is why he's "King Jewel"

My water temp: 76-77 degrees F

Current age of Gourami: Young, maybe 1 and a half years old. I've had him for about 6 months or so

Other points: Medium activity level when compared to other Gouramis I've had. Not as aggressive as my other male Honey Gourami. Had to be noved to my son's tank because he was getting bullied by his brother.

Position in tank: All over the tank.

Pics of my Gourami:

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1331.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1014.jpg

My Name: David

My Gouramie: Three spot (female) Big Blue the Barbarian

Tankmates of My Gouramie: two albino cory, two bronze cory

Harmony in tank: Fine if left alone. Is quite happy with cories as company.

I feed: Mainly Tetramin flakes, with bloodworms and bits of algae waifers. With a bit of vegatables on occasion.

My water Temp: around 79°F

My water pH: 6.0

I have bred my fish: no

Diseases/Illnesses experienced: None

How I treated the disease/illneses: N/A

Current age of Gouramie: around 2 years

Other points of interest: Bows up her fins and rushes the front of the tank if I pick up the dog so he can see the tank. Nibbles my finger when I am testing. Knows if the hatch comes open it's feeding time and waits for me. If the lid comes off, 'Poo! Dad's messing with my house again!' and she hides out in her sleeping spot.

Position in tank: Roams about. Tucks away in one corner mongst the plants to sleep. Tends to follow the corys looking for any nibbles they might miss. Also comes to the corner closest to my chair to beg. She is a bit cramped though, if she sees her reflection in the glass, she ain't a happy girl.

My Name: Cocoa Beans
My Gouramie: Pearl Gourami x 16
Tankmates of My Gouramie: Harlequins, Pleco, Mollies
Harmony in tank: Zero Biting, Feeding Frenzy amongst Pearls, no damage.
I Feed: tetramin flakes, algae discs two variants.
My water temp: 78*
My Water pH: 7.3 slightly raised from introducing 10 new members to the tank.
I have bred My Fish: N/A
Diseases/Illnesses experienced: N/A
Current age of Gouramie: 1.5 years.
Other points of interest I have observed: I started this 55g tank with a Dwarf Gourami, 2 Kissing Gouramis, two corydorras, 2 Swordtails, 2 Gold Gouramis and a Pleco. Despite the concern of starting a cycle with a Pleco, the Kissing Gouramis achieved dominance in the tank and began attacking the Gold Gouramis. I had owned Kissing Gouramis in the past, had a wonderful experience with them and was surprised to see this aggression. I returned the two Gold and two Kissing Gouramis for exchange of assorted fish smaller than the Dwarf. (The Shop Owner was amazed to hear such a tale, and as of last week the pair are still doing great at the store almost three times their size in my possession.) Unfortunately, the attacks on the Dwarf were irreparable and the male was lost along with the injured corys. The Swordtails lasted until they died of terror of the Pearl Gouramis. They were not bullied from, nor fin nipped by the Pearl Gouramis. Both broad water testing and visually inspecting each fish for disease revealed nothing out of the norm. I can only figure having been conditioned to the attacks from the Kissing Pair that they stayed true to their instinct refusing to come near the Pearls. As for the Pearl Gouramis themselves, they are absolutely amazing and anticipate feeding similar to Cichlids from people approaching their tanks. They will headbutt the Pleco if a distraction algae wafer isn't placed into the tank during feeding in competition for the algae disc(s). The Pleco will return the aggression with an even broader head(butt). Quite Comical. No visual damage to fins, scales.
Position in tank: Surface for bubble nest creating, Mid Level for exploration and Socializing, Bottom level only when by plants and driftwood.

My Name: epic154
My Gouramie: dwarf gourami and a flame dwarf gourami
Tankmates of My Gouramie 1clown loach 10neon tetra 2albino cory 2pepper cory
Harmony in tank: no problems the only problem my dwarf gourami is dominate and attacks flame
I Feed: flake freezed bloudworms and my gourami usualy eat the shrimp pellets for my cory
My water temp: 26 Degrees
My Water pH:7.0
I have bred My Fish: my dwarf gourami built a bubble nest
Diseases/Ilnesses experienced: Nothing
Current age of Gouramie: ​5 months
Other points: my gouramis go nuts for shrimp pellets
Position in tank: mostly at the top and mid
Pics of my Gouramie:

Most reactions

trending