Gourami scaring me(again)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

UnknownFishies

Fish Addict
Reaction score
This time it’s a blue powder gourami that’s scaring me. It’s looking down and swimming like that. Then another fish comes up and it returns to normal. What is going on? Is this breeding behavior? I have noticed bubble nests. Levels are all normal. I’ll get pics when it does it again.

Best picture I can get for now

Attachments

• FEBBF0C3-F6E7-4FDC-BCFD-0FBC11D5E2BA.jpeg
    FEBBF0C3-F6E7-4FDC-BCFD-0FBC11D5E2BA.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 66
Fish and other living things in my aquarium do at times show strange behavior. I have a mystery snail that from time to time plays dead. It sets upside down on the back of its shell for a short period of time then turns itself over and takes off crawling. It did this just a few minutes ago, but now is crawling up the glass.

Another pic. I also noticed that it happens when the other gouramis go after him.

Attachments

• A6C75776-C44A-4989-B593-12E22F0A60B0.jpeg
    A6C75776-C44A-4989-B593-12E22F0A60B0.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 57
Very interesting... it’s not spinning or going upside down is it?

when i just read the title of this thread, i thought it was some scary gourami fish that looked very scary lol

probably just weird behavior,
one time one of my guppies spazmed out and she zipped around the whole 75g in less than a second and got stuck under a filter,
when i saved her, back to normal..

Update: Found my dead black skirt. I removed it immediately and am gonna check the water tomorrow. I would be doing it tonight but my mom is making me go to bed.

Update: Found my dead black skirt. I removed it immediately and am gonna check the water tomorrow. I would be doing it tonight but my mom is making me go to bed.
Oh no! At least you found it. I am sorry :unsure: That does not seem like normal behavior, but unfortunately I don’t know anything about gourami’s so I can’t be much help, but I hope you figure it out!

Clenched tail fin, definitely stress (from disease/parasites/bullying) and/or poor water conditions

Most reactions

Back