Got A Billy Bargain!

ardandy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Keighley, UK
Just bought this (well, mum and dad have as they go every week) from a car boot sale!

From what I can tell in the picture its from Peak Aquatics, model no - CA15. Can't find anything but condensation trays online for it. Maybe its not sold anymore?

A grand total of £8!

I've been trying to find a plant growing/temp/quarantine tank for a while but always a low priority.

Any ideas on a small filter & heater to go with it. From what my dad said its 15 inches tall so I'd say its roughly that in depth/length as well.

019.jpg
 
For a planted tank I would go for a sponge filter (one that works off your airline) it wont give a strong current for the plants to grow against in a small tank. Dont know anything about the tank sorry. Looks a good bargain though.

My bargain today, i have just bought a Juwel rio 400 (5ft tank) for .............. £55 thats for the tank, stand, filter heater, just missing the lights which I dont need.
 
For a planted tank I would go for a sponge filter (one that works off your airline) it wont give a strong current for the plants to grow against in a small tank. Dont know anything about the tank sorry. Looks a good bargain though.
low current with plants?! :blink:

you want high flow to prevent algae, about 10x the tanks volume an hour
 
Yeah, you definatley need a good current for the plants. Or that stupid algae will cover everything up.
 
???? I was always told a slow flow with plants! learn something new every day.

I will have a juwel rio 300 in black available soon with stand, lights (but no bulbs) will be cheap as its scratched on one side where the previous owner tipped it up to empty out the gravel
 
I got one of those tank and use it for an isolation tank. Think it cost about 25 pounds.
Does it have a tank lid as mine does and it crap as its a cheap plastic lid thats split abit now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top