FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Just to letting everyone know I will no longer be answering questions or visiting this site. It seems some of my posts in the general chat area are not appreciated.

Goodbye.

I must of missed that bit of drama? You've been my favorite on this site and more or less the main reason I check back in periodically.

Nick , sorry to see you leave the site...you have 1200 likes so I think you were well liked on this site...

Agree with others here. I've no idea what posts were involved, I never read the "General Chat" section. Wish you would stay around though, you have good advice very often and that is important if a forum is going to benefit others.

Bye Nick. It'll be sad to see you go, and remember that anything I have said ("That's inappropriate") is not because I dislike you- I just want you to be a little more thoughtful of others. You helped a lot of people in the time you were here and I understand if you don't want to reconsider.

No! Nick...….you're leaving us! At least remember.....that I told you penguins have knees....I loved your funny stories....no...this isn't really happening.....right?

The problem is my funny stories and some jokes were not appreciated by some, so rather than offend.

The problem is my funny stories and some jokes were not appreciated by some, so rather than offend.
Buggar those people. Your jokes are funny and clean and a hell of a lot better than most of the stuff said by standup comedians and what is told in the school yard. If people have an issue with your jokes and funny stories, they need to lighten up a bit. If they don't like jokes, they don't have to read them.

Here's a solution, when you do a joke, just put the title like you normally do, and then put "NickAu's jokes" next to the title so people know it's one of your jokes. That way, if people are offended by your jokes, they will see the title and say,"oh my, it's a joke by NickAu, I won't bother reading it coz I might get offended".
If they still choose to read it and get offended by it after that, then that is their problem and certainly no reason to leave.

And if it's because you and I sometimes disagree on some things, that is no reason to leave either. People can disagree on things and still get along. You post your views and I post mine. Then people can use the information in whatever way they like.

Anyway, this forum will be better if you stay and I would appreciate it if you stayed because your jokes bring a smile to my face, and I need that. And people always like your plant tanks and fish and you have lots of knowledge on Bettas that can help people. So leave if you have to, but stay if you can.

If you do decide to leave, tell us where you get those jokes from :)

Sometimes you can be a little gruff but your jokes are hysterical! Hope you decide to hang around.

Most of your jokes are great. I especially liked your last post for the video of the blonde woman trying to gas up a Tesla. I put that one on my car club site and got lots of thumbs up!.

Hope you change your mind and stick around.

Last edited:
The decision by Nick to leave is an unfortunate one, but it is his decision. Nick was not reprimanded by the moderation team for his jokes posted in the General Chat. Instead, he was politely asked to refrain from posting them because some of them have toed the line of being offensive and have promoted stereotypes.

We decided that the best course of action for the General Chat was to stop the posting of jokes, as some jokes that have been posted have crossed the line and had to be removed. And we believe jokes that 'toe the line' without necessarily crossing it, encourages others to post jokes that push that threshold even harder. This leads to the moderation team needing to monitor the General Chat rather closely to avoid offensive, abusive and mean-spirited posts from arising in the name of 'humor'. And rather than shutting down the General Chat completely, so as to not have to deal with non-fish related content that requires tight moderation, we believed as a team, that eliminating 'joke' posts was the best solution.

Nick is welcome to stay, should he choose to. But, if this is the catalyst that causes Nick to leave, then that is also his choice. We believe that as a fish-related site, our efforts in moderating should be focused on the fish topics that arise and not having to consume our volunteer time to moderate jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back