Good Place For Wood Decor?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevUK

UKAPS member
Reaction score
As per the title, where do you guys get your fantastic spindly bits of wood (red moor wood style)? AE seems to be out of stock of the small pieces and my local P@H (or POS as I sometimes refer to them ;)) seem to have the same crap week in, week out. My LFS seems to have some OK bits now and then, but its always bogwood. I'm getting tired of bogwood and I'd love some new shapes :)

So, anywhere online that does the red moor style wood that you can think of?

Good question, in fact I'm on the look out for the 'ADA black wood' type, but in terms of hardscaping tools, the UK isn't very good for providing it for our aquascaping.

I had problems trying to source wood as well. Picked up a 3 foot long piece on ebay for £5. Look under driftwood. They aren't designed for tanks so you take your chances a bit but with proper treatment you should be fine. There are some overseas ebayer's selling some nice wood but it can be quite costly for P&P.

James

I usually browse the fish section of ebay for (driftwood,bogwood,wood,bog wood,drift wood) which lists plenty, usually the mundane bogwood though.

Take a look in this section - Home & Garden > Decorative Items > Driftwood. Most are items people have made from driftwood, but some are just driftwood or boxes full of driftwood. Sometimes some really nice pieces come up.

James

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back