Good Internal Bacteria Med?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silverrabbit

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello there, just wanted to know if anyone knows of a good internal bacteria medication for the UK?

I've treated my parrot tank twice in the past few weeks but they still have stringy white poo and the kirrin parrots (who I think brought this in, QT'd for ich but thought they were ok otherwise) are not growing and are on the thin side even though they eat like pigs :sad:

Tank: 98 uk gallons
Temp: 26C
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 30ish (our tap water is 20-25)

Inhabitants: 2 blood parrots, 2 kirrin parrots, columbian tetras, harlequin shark.

Nothing new added, except some plastic/silk plants last week and I had probs before then.

Anyone know a better med than Interpet? I don't see any improvement from it.

look for internal PARASITE meds. something with lavamisole or metronidazole. some also contain praziquentel. in the US we can get a med that contains all three ingredients and deals with most types of internal parasites youd encounter (ie roundworms, flagellates, etc-good broad spectrum antiparasitic as contains meds for three common internal parasite types).
stringy white poo can be from internal bacterial infection. internal parasites or constipation. make sure you finish(ed) the dose of internal bac meds (NEVEr stop treating any antibiotics-always finish the round). since youve tried this, parasites are the next meds to try.
what symptoms are they showing?
good luck
cheers

Thank you for the reply :)

Main symptoms are stringy white poo, some fish looking very thin despite being fed well, and the kirrins seem to be flicking against the bogwood and glass, even though they have no signs of ich.

It may be an internal bacterial infection. I would treat for both. A good internal bacterial med would be Kanaplex by seachem, and a good internal parasite med would be "Paracide D" found here: http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/products3.html

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back