Good Heater for 90 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The problem with using a higher wattage than recommended is that if it fails in the on position you can very quickly cook your fish. Using a lower wattage means your heater will work harder and might increase the likelihood of it failing in the off position, however, in a heated room it is less likely that the temperature will fall to a lethal level before you spot it.
On balance I prefer to use the recommended wattage rather than adding additional capacity.
I used to love my separate heaters and external stats but couldn't find these in the UK last time I looked.

The problem with using a higher wattage than recommended is that if it fails in the on position you can very quickly cook your fish. Using a lower wattage means your heater will work harder and might increase the likelihood of it failing in the off position, however, in a heated room it is less likely that the temperature will fall to a lethal level before you spot it.
On balance I prefer to use the recommended wattage rather than adding additional capacity.
I used to love my separate heaters and external stats but couldn't find these in the UK last time I looked.

I've run a 800w for 4-years with just the sort of functionality I want on my 125g long. If the thermostat locks in the "on" position it can only do so for 20mins before shutting down and warning me via cell that something is wrong.

I've run a 800w for 4-years with just the sort of functionality I want on my 125g long. If the thermostat locks in the "on" position it can only do so for 20mins before shutting down and warning me via cell that something is wrong.
What brand is that? Sounds like a very hand feature.

Most reactions

trending

Back