Good Hardy Fish

xXSugarCubeXx

Reaction score
Hi im getting a new fish tank and would like some names of Hardy fish for a new small tank. I have already had some ideas for different fish but im not that sure they are that hardy and suitable for a newly set up tank about h,38cm ,w,32cm ,d,32cm.
thanks get back to me soon xXSugarBabeXx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you think about putting fish into a tank you need to make sure it's cycled, no matter how hardy the fish is they will not thankyou for being put into toxic water, you will have fish that will die and others which will get diseases. You will be better off in buying an API Water Test Kit than fish.

Read up on cycling, it's your choice on whether you do fish in or fishless, I personally think fish in is better.

Buy yourself a set of salifert test kits (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH)

A fish in cycle is actually easier than some make out, 50% water changes daily for a month or so and you can add fish from the off.

I would start with something hardy like endlers.

When i have cycled my tank would it be good to get hardy fish first to set my tank of or should i go straight in with some fish like.
xXSugarCubeXx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry i got my name wrong on the first post)
please write back.

It's a matter of opinion, no method is better than the other.

If you want to add fish from the off, you must be dedicated to putting in the water changes.

Read up on cycling, it's your choice on whether you do fish in or fishless, I personally think fish in is better.

Buy yourself a set of salifert test kits (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH)

A fish in cycle is actually easier than some make out, 50% water changes daily for a month or so and you can add fish from the off.

I would start with something hardy like endlers.

when i have cycled my tank what do you suggest

If you want to add fish from the off, you must be dedicated to putting in the water changes.

i think some guppies or endlers might be nice but im not sure after some replies

i think some guppies or endlers might be nice but im not sure after some replies

Endlers, Small tetras, small rasboras, Small gouramis.

What about guppies i think theyre quite cute and my mum has got some and they look quite cute just going swim swimmy around the tank

Endlers, Small tetras, small rasboras, Small gouramis.

What about guppies i think theyre quite cute and my mum has got some and they look quite cute just going swim swimmy around the tank

It's a very small tank so you're quite limited. What ideas do you have at the moment?

guppies endlers scarlet adis and maybe some tetras or small rasboras (sorry about the spelling)

If your mum has a tank I would get some of her filter media than you should be cycled in days rather than weeks. You will then have more choices of fish to buy.

neon tetra are quite a good small fish and colourful and belive it or not they are very hardy. its cardinals that are not hardy

personally, i have found cardinals to be hardier than neons. but they both require a mature tank.

cheers :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back