Gonna Give Up Fishkeeping :(

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just had my external filter leaking everywhere all day long, literally pissing water everywhere, all over my carpet, the electrics, everything. There's nothing better for a post-op patient than to be lifting external filters and buckets full of water out to the garden in the pitch black with bugs flying at me, the sodding light bulb went so I was doing it all by torch light. I just thought sod this, life is hard enough without adding to it. Minimise stress risks... get rid of fish tank. I feel like i'm going to be awake for hours now, being stressed out, baking hot and seriously upset.
 
Like I said in the other post...

Aww Mel, I honestly think you should give yourself just a little longer before giving up completely. We've all gone through our rough patches, and I understand that a wonky filter is the last thing you need when you're still recovering ... but it can be fixed so easily. Can't you try and find someone who lives around you (maybe from the forum) to help you out say twice a week until you're fully recovered? It honestly seems like a right shame and something you will regret to give up now.
 
Just had my external filter leaking everywhere all day long, literally pissing water everywhere, all over my carpet, the electrics, everything. There's nothing better for a post-op patient than to be lifting external filters and buckets full of water out to the garden in the pitch black with bugs flying at me, the sodding light bulb went so I was doing it all by torch light. I just thought sod this, life is hard enough without adding to it. Minimise stress risks... get rid of fish tank. I feel like i'm going to be awake for hours now, being stressed out, baking hot and seriously upset.


this is the reason i dont use external filters its much safer that way

try give it a little longer mel, itll be sad to se u go :sad:
 
Just another challenge life throws at you mel, dont give up.
 
I am having such a bad time of it though. What with my back and the operation and now leaving my husband, the last thing I need is added physical and mental stress and what with moving 2 small kids into a small space, I hardly need the added aggro of a 55 gallon tank really, especially if our flat is on the 2nd floor! I need the money, I don't need the tank or the stress. I can also start a smaller set up in the future. But I am giving this up. Tank and all, for sale, on B&S forum and if it doesn't go quickly, then Ebay.
 
:blink: damn I just bought an external filter aswell, I'm scared to set it up now :crazy: theres been a few times I was gonna give up but since I loved my fish to much I had to keep them, even though I don't know if I lived near you I woulda happily gave you hand so if I am willing to then surely somebody else could give you a hand.somebodys always out there, you just gotta find them. :good:
 
I am having such a bad time of it though. What with my back and the operation and now leaving my husband, the last thing I need is added physical and mental stress and what with moving 2 small kids into a small space, I hardly need the added aggro of a 55 gallon tank really, especially if our flat is on the 2nd floor! I need the money, I don't need the tank or the stress. I can also start a smaller set up in the future. But I am giving this up. Tank and all, for sale, on B&S forum and if it doesn't go quickly, then Ebay.


In that case Mel, i agree you should do what is best for you and your children, and if it means giving up the fish hobby, then as long as you and your kids are ok, thats the main thing.

I wish you all the best for you and your family for the future Mel.
 
I am having such a bad time of it though. What with my back and the operation and now leaving my husband, the last thing I need is added physical and mental stress and what with moving 2 small kids into a small space, I hardly need the added aggro of a 55 gallon tank really, especially if our flat is on the 2nd floor! I need the money, I don't need the tank or the stress. I can also start a smaller set up in the future. But I am giving this up. Tank and all, for sale, on B&S forum and if it doesn't go quickly, then Ebay.


In that case Mel, i agree you should do what is best for you and your children, and if it means giving up the fish hobby, then as long as you and your kids are ok, thats the main thing.

I wish you all the best for you and your family for the future Mel.

Thanks Wayne, I have friends on here, I doubt I will go missing completely - I will probably need the company lol
 
I am having such a bad time of it though. What with my back and the operation and now leaving my husband, the last thing I need is added physical and mental stress and what with moving 2 small kids into a small space, I hardly need the added aggro of a 55 gallon tank really, especially if our flat is on the 2nd floor! I need the money, I don't need the tank or the stress. I can also start a smaller set up in the future. But I am giving this up. Tank and all, for sale, on B&S forum and if it doesn't go quickly, then Ebay.


In that case Mel, i agree you should do what is best for you and your children, and if it means giving up the fish hobby, then as long as you and your kids are ok, thats the main thing.

I wish you all the best for you and your family for the future Mel.

Thanks Wayne, I have friends on here, I doubt I will go missing completely - I will probably need the company lol


You know where i am if you ever need a chat :)
 
I must agree, with the situation explained in more detail now, I can fully see why you need to give up the hobby. Honestly hope better times will head your way, it sounds like you need it. Don't forget, just because you gave up the hobby (for now) doesn't mean you're not welcome here anymore!
 
Bless you honey, sounds like a hectic time for you. Your health has to be your main priority and like you say you can always get more fish in the future.

Take care
Always about if you fancy a chat about anything xx
 
Cheers everyone, I won't be far away, I am going to keep my little 4 gallon with my betta in, that's a nice easy one to keep innit
Since the filter isn't set up right now, how long will the fish in my sig be ok for?
 
Mel why not get a nice 10G-20G?
simple and easy to look after ^.^
German Blue Ram pair would be nice too!!!!!

Also no external filter needed ^.^

So sorry for the stress thats come upon you today tho but don't give in completely!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top