Golden Cobra Snakehead

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Far2lively

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Finally found a Golden Cobra Snakehead, so I had to buy it :) anyone else have one??

My friend has a 500 gallon fish tank with a baby golden cobra snake head and an RTC both babies measuring about an inch or 2 they're very interesting to watch

Mines around 10inchs long ill post some pics tonight and might put a video on youtube or something, he or she only cost me 40pound :)

Heres a pic took it from my phone so quality is not that great really should buy a digital camera lol hope you like :)

Golden cobra.JPG

Nice looking fish...my friend is electric yellow with black stripes and spots very nice

Thanks that was the best picture i could get without sitting infront of my tank for hours waiting for him to pose haha, yh hes doing well feeding him on dead shrimp at the moment, he did jump the tank the day i got him though found him on the floor :( luckily there where no injuries and now doing fine ive been told a thousand times your ment to keep snakheads in a species tank but my other channa gachua and him are always together and wont leave one another alone is this just luck?? the channa gachua is about 6inchs and the chana aurantimaculata is around 9 can they breed??? < sorry if thats a stupid question

cheers

Spence

They may well cross breed, which can be a bad thing because A you then don't have pure line offspring and things get confusing down the track if somebody buys a mixed breed offspring thinking it is pure, this is happening in chiclids and it's making it hell to decipher which fish the parents are/ where. And B often cross bred juvi's end up being bigger than either parent, not so great if one of the species you have is on the limit for what can easily be kept in most aquariums.And reason C the offsrping often wont show the best colour traits of either parent.

Sorry to be a downer.

If they cross breed they will look amazing! And ill probably only sell a few of them, I don't think they will though, are you sure you can cross breed snakeheads?? Cheers for the info

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back