Ghosts

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Colorado be like:
View attachment 131734

@Colin_T, you are kind of lucky that you have all those cool animals right in your backyard. Obviously cool from a distance - no one likes to be gutted by a kangaroo. ;)

All of these stories you hear of people saying, ā€œI could feel their presenceā€ are all baloney.

I went with the CAP to the Cadet Ball in an old house in downtown Lawrenceburg. There was a room upstairs that was supposedly ā€œhauntedā€ and we got to see it when we went on the tour. They were trying to scare us saying, ā€œsomeone supposedly died in this room, and you can still feel his presenceā€.

Sure, it was a little cold, but I didnā€™t feel anything out of the ordinary.

That show ā€œGhost Huntersā€ or whatever itā€™s called is so fake it makes my brain hurt.
Ghost Hunters is fake but my house was not. Iā€™m telling you the demonic forces lived there without a doubt. After that experience, Iā€™m a believer! Spirits and true ghosts are different. If you feel a spirit it could be a memory. A ghost can be kind. When a demon hits your house, itā€™s evil. Pure evil. Live it and you wonā€™t laugh. Perhaps I shouldnā€™t have called mine ghosts. They were demons.

Ghost Hunters is fake but my house was not. Iā€™m telling you the demonic forces lived there without a doubt. After that experience, Iā€™m a believer! Spirits and true ghosts are different. If you feel a spirit it could be a memory. A ghost can be kind. When a demon hits your house, itā€™s evil. Pure evil. Live it and you wonā€™t laugh. Perhaps I shouldnā€™t have called mine ghosts. They were demons.
Well, itā€™s super hard for me to believe.

I mean, thereā€™s got to be an explanation for everything. For example, Iā€™m not saying your Granddaughter is a liar, but kids to tend to have a wild imagination.

The lights going on and off could be this:

ā€œ A poor connection in your main circuit panel.

A more serious cause of your lights turning on and off repeatedly is a problem in the electrical connections in your home. If you've ruled out all of the possible causes listed above, it's time to call an electrician who can properly assess the issue for you.ā€

The rod in your closet could have fallen at any point, but it fell just then.

Someone ā€œbreathing on youā€ could have been your husband, or a pet, or the air conditioning.

Etc...

but the whole ordeal with holy oil and the headboard... kinda weird how that all played out. i mean who knows, maybe there are things out there.
How can a headboard in a bed be slapping against a wall? ?

I'm not sure whether this is a ghost story, but I enjoy telling it.
When I was 19 or so and just getting started in the business world, I moved back in with my folks for a year or so. On summer weekends, they went to their lake place a couple hours away. I worked a retail job on the weekends, and of course, hosted parties of Friday and Saturday nights while my folks were gone.
The house was back in the woods, and the driveway was half a mile long. The driveway cut through a marshy area. The property was bordered on one side by a river, two sides by a lake, and by swamp on the remaining side. One way in, one way out, unless you had a boat. It was very secluded.
On the ground level of the house was a pool room- that is, we had a pool table. That's where the action happened. My buddies and I played pool, listened to music, and drank. To get to the front door, one had to pass by the large windows of the pool room.
So on this particular night, I arrived home about 10 pm after working. As I turned down the road that led to our driveway, by the mailboxes, were the two friends I had invited over- Ronnie and his girlfriend, Heather- sitting in their car. I stopped and asked them what they were doing. Both were visibly shaken, as they recounted what happened:
A short time prior, Ronnie and Heather had arrived at the house. They didn't see my vehicle, so they decided to wait. However, they could see the light on in the pool room, so they logically deduced that I was home, despite the absence of my vehicle. They walked past the pool room windows as they approached the front door. The blind was down, but they could clearly see the light was on, and that the music was blasting.
Then they knocked on the door. When they did, the lights and the music shut off- immediately and simultaneously. Scared sh*tless, Ronnie and Heather jumped in the car and took off, and waited for me at the mailboxes.
When they told me the story, I kind of scoffed. At nineteen years old, I was pretty fearless, or at least had to act like I was. So, we all went back to the house, played pool, drank some beer, and listened to music. Nothing further happened.
But, I have yet to come up with a satisfactory explanation for what happened. The most obvious- that Ronnie and Heather were pranking me- I've all but ruled out. It just didn't fit with who they were. They were simple country folk. I never knew them as pranksters in any fashion. They lacked the imagination, creativity, and "spunk" for even the simplest of pranks. There was nothing mischievous about either of them. They also had zero talent for acting; yet the fear I saw as they told their story, as well as their reluctance to go back to the house, struck me as being genuine.
The only other conceivable explanation is that someone else was in the house. Since they didn't leave by way of the driveway (they would have to go past Ronnie and Heather), they clearly didn't get to the house by car. So, they would have had to access the property by boat, and/or wade though large swamps, and at least a half mile of woods, in the dark. Then, entered the house (simple enough, the door was never locked) for the sole purpose of listening to music in the pool room. Nothing was stolen, the pool table had not been used, and no beer had been consumed. Then, they somehow heard the knock at the door over the loud music, and turned off the light and the music at the same time. Conceivable, but very, very improbable.
If anyone has any plausible alternate theories on this, I would be interested in hearing them. Although I never got the feeling that the house was haunted, it may be worth noting that an alcoholic uncle of mine had died in the house a few years prior. In the pool room, as a matter of fact.

When I was 19 or so and just getting started in the business world, I moved back in with my folks for a year or so. On summer weekends, they went to their lake place a couple hours away. I worked a retail job on the weekends, and of course, hosted parties of Friday and Saturday nights while my folks were gone.
The house was back in the woods, and the driveway was half a mile long. The driveway cut through a marshy area. The property was bordered on one side by a river, two sides by a lake, and by swamp on the remaining side. One way in, one way out, unless you had a boat. It was very secluded.
On the ground level of the house was a pool room- that is, we had a pool table. That's where the action happened. My buddies and I played pool, listened to music, and drank. To get to the front door, one had to pass by the large windows of the pool room.
So on this particular night, I arrived home about 10 pm after working. As I turned down the road that led to our driveway, by the mailboxes, were the two friends I had invited over- Ronnie and his girlfriend, Heather- sitting in their car. I stopped and asked them what they were doing. Both were visibly shaken, as they recounted what happened:
A short time prior, Ronnie and Heather had arrived at the house. They didn't see my vehicle, so they decided to wait. However, they could see the light on in the pool room, so they logically deduced that I was home, despite the absence of my vehicle. They walked past the pool room windows as they approached the front door. The blind was down, but they could clearly see the light was on, and that the music was blasting.
Then they knocked on the door. When they did, the lights and the music shut off- immediately and simultaneously. Scared sh*tless, Ronnie and Heather jumped in the car and took off, and waited for me at the mailboxes.
When they told me the story, I kind of scoffed. At nineteen years old, I was pretty fearless, or at least had to act like I was. So, we all went back to the house, played pool, drank some beer, and listened to music. Nothing further happened.
But, I have yet to come up with a satisfactory explanation for what happened. The most obvious- that Ronnie and Heather were pranking me- I've all but ruled out. It just didn't fit with who they were. They were simple country folk. I never knew them as pranksters in any fashion. They lacked the imagination, creativity, and "spunk" for even the simplest of pranks. There was nothing mischievous about either of them. They also had zero talent for acting; yet the fear I saw as they told their story, as well as their reluctance to go back to the house, struck me as being genuine.
The only other conceivable explanation is that someone else was in the house. Since they didn't leave by way of the driveway (they would have to go past Ronnie and Heather), they clearly didn't get to the house by car. So, they would have had to access the property by boat, and/or wade though large swamps, and at least a half mile of woods, in the dark. Then, entered the house (simple enough, the door was never locked) for the sole purpose of listening to music in the pool room. Nothing was stolen, the pool table had not been used, and no beer had been consumed. Then, they somehow heard the knock at the door over the loud music, and turned off the light and the music at the same time. Conceivable, but very, very improbable.
If anyone has any plausible alternate theories on this, I would be interested in hearing them. Although I never got the feeling that the house was haunted, it may be worth noting that an alcoholic uncle of mine had died in the house a few years prior. In the pool room, as a matter of fact.
? scary

Well, we know it wasn't me, because if so, there would have been no beer left.

So I recently saw I video where a fish saw and reacted to a ghost. Like there was a ā€œinvisible bang on the tankā€ and the fish supposedly saw the ghost before it banged on the glass. It got me wondering... do you believe in ghosts? What about animals seeing what we canā€™t see, what are your thoughts?
I know this is a weird thread, but was just curious.
Yes I do. My Cats have reacted to spirits. Not weird at all. Funny how a fish can react though. I grew up in a home that had a child Indian spirit. Not an evil one, but he played with my younger brother who was 2 years old.

Yes I do. My Cats have reacted to spirits. Not weird at all. Funny how a fish can react though. I grew up in a home that had a child Indian spirit. Not an evil one, but he played with my younger brother who was 2 years old.
That would be scary. Even if it was nice it would still be scary to have something paranormal in your house

So I recently saw I video where a fish saw and reacted to a ghost. Like there was a ā€œinvisible bang on the tankā€ and the fish supposedly saw the ghost before it banged on the glass. It got me wondering... do you believe in ghosts? What about animals seeing what we canā€™t see, what are your thoughts?
I know this is a weird thread, but was just, curious.
I belive in ghost, spirits, or whatever else they're called. While I've never had a paranormal experience, and have NO desire to, I truly believe that death is transitioning to another realm. Our spirit lives on just not on the physical plain. It's believed that children and animals can actually see these "spirits". And I think that's because animals and children are open. Their hearts and minds are accepting of everything until they learn otherwise. I can get "that feeling" whenever I was at my grandmothers house, like someone/something was lurking around. And I would smell wildflowers throughout the house. And it would be in the dead of winter. I told my grandmother about it and she told me that it's your great grand mother. That she makes herself present from time to time. That she would have fresh flowers though out her home everyday And that was why I would smell the flowers. I'm fine with sharing my space with beloved family, all I ask is to NOT be visible. I don't want to see them. I love them and miss them but I don't want to see them. Lol!

I know this is a weird thread, but was just curious.
Say what you want but I have seen things that even MY skeptic mind canā€™t explain. The wife and I are getting ready to buy a house and if the dog wonā€™t go in, WE donā€™t go in!

I think it is a reasonable question to ask. Ghost, Spirits, the same in my humble opinion. I know that animals have very keen senses - my cat stood in an alerted position moments before I felt the ground vibrate beneath me. Yep, it was an earthquake. On a separate occasion, I saw a dead horse that had apparently jumped the fence (and got hit) hours before a different earthquake occurred. My thinking at the time was that perhaps it got spooked about the impending doom. One night about a week after my brother-in-law passed (01/26/21) the motion lights in two separate but adjacent closets came on at the same time - both doors were shut. It was the darnedest thing because that evening we had eaten some of his food we gathered from his freezer and we were lying in bed discussing on how good it was, expressing our gratitude. I hope that I have not veered too far off topic. I suppose a simply yes would have done...but I could not resist!

I think it is a reasonable question to ask. Ghost, Spirits, the same in my humble opinion. I know that animals have very keen senses - my cat stood in an alerted position moments before I felt the ground vibrate beneath me. Yep, it was an earthquake. On a separate occasion, I saw a dead horse that had apparently jumped the fence (and got hit) hours before a different earthquake occurred. My thinking at the time was that perhaps it got spooked about the impending doom. One night about a week after my brother-in-law passed (01/26/21) the motion lights in two separate but adjacent closets came on at the same time - both doors were shut. It was the darnedest thing because that evening we had eaten some of his food we gathered from his freezer and we were lying in bed discussing on how good it was, expressing our gratitude. I hope that I have not veered too far off topic. I suppose a simply yes would have done...but I could not resist!
Sorry about your brother...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back