Ghost Shrimp Care

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy friend2

I Love Betta Fish!!!! They Are My Favorite Fish
Reaction score
Hello,a couple of weeks ago I bought 3 ghost shrimp and they had babies already!!!!!! Is there any special care for the babies, that I should know about

Really, are you sure, because I am 100% sure that they have had babies and my tank is freshwater. There are about 3 tiny little shrimp in my tank

Really, are you sure, because I am 100% sure that they have had babies and my tank is freshwater. There are about 3 tiny little shrimp in my tank

Well you are using the common name but normally ghost shrimp are macrobrachium lanchestri which doesn't add up to there being miniature shrimp in the tank. Normally with Lanchestri they form eggs which release larvae that takes 9-14 days to mature into mini shrimp.

I assume yours are another generic machrobrachium species which with many require slightly brackish conditions to breed and the shrimplets to survive.

You can feed with brine shrimp or very finely crushed flake food.

I'm pretty sure that mine are ghost shrimp I just used google images and mine do not looks like the species that you talked about above then I googled images of ghost shrimp and mine are exactly like ghost shrimp

"Ghost/grass" shrimp do not need brackish water to grow the babies into adulthood(unlike Amano). They are born as a larvae but will grow into a fully formed shrimp in no time. The babies may get predated upon by the others though in this vulnerable time of growing. They may also die if not fed the proper food(infusoria).

Congrats on your new shrimp. :good:

Ghost shrimp do not need brackish water to grow the babies into adulthood. They are born as a larvae but will grow into a fully formed shrimp in no time. The babies may get predated upon by the others though in this vulnerable time of growing. They may also die if not fed the proper food(infusoria).

Congrats on your new shrimp. :good:
oh, okay thanks for the help

Most reactions

trending

Back