German Bred Pink Ramshorn Snails

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

+1 with teef.... I think I need to put aside my worries of an overgrowing population of snails and get a couple. No matter what I do I get algae :S Apart from starve my fish, I think I need snails. How much for 3? Will these be ok with shrimp?

Yep fine with shrimp of course. I don't know what kind of algae you have, but as mentioned earlier these snails will eat BBA. If you get a few you won't look back.

They just arrived! They're adorable! And I like this buy 6 get 5 free thing haha. Thanks very much! :good:

DSCF2446.jpg

Hi, I would like some of these but would they eat my plants??

If not I can pay straight away :good:

Hi, I would like some of these but would they eat my plants??

If not I can pay straight away :good:

Some have reported that they will eat new shoots of stem plants, but I have never noticed any damage to my plants. So in my opinion, no, they never eat plants. PM'ed.

Snails arrived safely today, thanks

1 question, I added one of the medium size anails to my tank and whilst it was falling to the bottom my tetras sucked it out of its shell!! O dear!!

What should I do before adding the rest?

Place them in by hand, on the bottom of the tank. They'll get rooted to something and not give the tetra chance to suck them out :)

Wow, I have never heard of that happening before. I guess the fish are just used to sinking food bits. Thanks for the advice Mowbz, that is definitely how I would proceed, as tetras dont normally view rams as food.

Hi il take some snails please, cant send a PM as iv not made 10 posts yet? is an email ok?

Wow, I have never heard of that happening before. I guess the fish are just used to sinking food bits. Thanks for the advice Mowbz, that is definitely how I would proceed, as tetras dont normally view rams as food.

I was also surprised when it happened!! All my fish compete against eachother for food (usually Tetra Prima) so as soon as they spotted the poor snail falling they were on it like a rash, didnt stand a chance :no:

I have the rest in a breeding net with some small shrimp, I will release them in the next couple of days but only after the fish have had a good feed.

Beautiful snails I dont want to loose any more.

Hi frothhelmet could u tell me ur email ad to send paypal payment to please, then I can email you my address, cheers

Hello Mate

Have you got any of the snails left?

Cheers

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back