General Fish questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As the good lady says, I'm doing the changes just until the tanks cycling well enough to look after the ammonia/nitrite levels, properly. Its a pain in the neck because if I hadn't been in such a hurry to get more fish in the tank I wouldn't have had the problem and I wouldn't have lost any fish.

Also hoping the new fluval will make a difference once its cycled properly.

I know whats its like having a tank with no fish in it but the next one I think I'll spend some time aquascaping and getting some nice plants established before I plough on in and get the fish, don't really want to go through this again.

Lithral - fluval? o_O

also i've just discovered my tank is leaking a little... good thing i haven't gotten the fish yet! so i'm gonna hafta drain it and caulk it and whatnot... any reccommendations for brands/names of non-fish-poisonous caulk (or w/e else if you don't use caulking...)

mucho'preciated :thumbs:

Fluval is a make of filter (I think they're made by Hagon). Used to have an Interpet all in one heater/filter but I don't think its working very well. The build quality is pretty dire as the actual filter section doesn't clip to the pump very well so I don't think there is enough through flow. So to be on the safeside (and to give me another excuse to go to the lfs) I upgraded the filter, only problem is I'm going to have to make another trip when I take out the old filter to buy a heater oh well it all helps my credit rating ;) Just running the two of them parallel now. Hoping the tank will start cycling properly on its own soon though - mind you the fish seem to love the daily water changes, swim round like mad things afterwards.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back