Funny Clown Loach, Return?

Yeah, as said loaches do "play dead" like lying on their sides sometimes when at rest, and the first few times you see it can make you worry, but also as mentioned the loach should have been very active most of the time if healthy.

I think it was what I was feeding. I was really only feeding vegetables. I'd throw in some blood worms occasionally maybe 1 every 2 weeks but oh well I can still return him my LFS has a 30 day warranty
:crazy:

You starved the poor fish to the point where it was lethargic and now its dead you think your entitled to a warranty claim? :lol:

Please, for your sake as well as the fishes, read up on how to keep animals thoroughly before you buy them! Diet, water conditions, preferred substrate etc. Better yet, ask here, but that wont help unless you follow the advice given.

If I were you I would avoid keeping loaches for now, stick to hardier and smaller species of livebearers, tetras, danios etc. until you gain more experience.

If your honest with the information you give in posts and want to learn, this place is amazing for advice and you will progress very fast in the hobby! :)

However if you make unsubstantiated claims about clownloach breeding and ignore everyone's follow up questions- why should anybody here trust your posts or bother typing a reply when you wont? :blink:

1st off my LFS warranty is good even for dead fish because they get diseased fish sometimes.
2nd my LFS guy told me it wouldn't need anything so I did some research and the past week I was feeding the proper way with bloodworms and brine shrimp and all the rest.
3rd don't just falsely assume something whenever I don't say something.
4th I'm sorry I never replied to those questions I just felt I had either already answered it or I didn't know how to answer.
5th I asked a simple question on yo-yo (Pakistani) and khuli loaches and it turns into a huge dilemma!
6th I'm sorry but jeez and it's my birthday too.

I'm having a little problem believing some of what mrp3 says. In another thread he claims to keep tetras in brackish water. According to his sig line, that would have been the same tank with the Clown Loach, Pleco, etc. Possible WUM?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/378160-potentially-stupid-question/

Who was falsely assuming anything?

I'm having a little problem believing some of what mrp3 says. In another thread he claims to keep tetras in brackish water. According to his sig line, that would have been the same tank with the Clown Loach, Pleco, etc. Possible WOM?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/378160-potentially-stupid-question/
I think you may be right......these post keep getting more and more....weird?

People assumed I starved him just cause I didn't exactly say what I was feeding.
Why can't they live in brackish water.
What is brackish water technically.
That's another assumption. I never said my tank was brackish.

People assumed I starved him just cause I didn't exactly say what I was feeding.
Why can't they live in brackish water.
What is brackish water technically.
That's another assumption. I never said my tank was brackish.

How is this an assumption? Quote from your post " I keep my tetras in brackish and they don't care theyve lived nicely for 6 months." So basically, you did say your tank is brackish. What if someone who didn't know what they were doing put tetras in brackish due to your statement? The nature of your questions leads me to believe you don't even know what brackish water is.
The water in the brackish tanks I've kept have had a specific gravity of 1.002-1.007. I would not keep freshwater fish, especially tetras and plecos under those conditions.

Why not u didn't answer your question! And sorry I did say my tank was brackish. Didn't look at the link.

Why do people keep talking about me breeding clown loaches? Because I never said it might have been my nephew on my account or something but just to clear things up I never bred clown loaches. Or any fish perhaps. I am now breeding platys. I'm actually rather new to aquaria.

Is anyone in my tank brackish? Cuz if not I just won't keep my tank brackish any longer.

Why not u didn't answer your question! And sorry I did say my tank was brackish. Didn't look at the link.

Why do people keep talking about me breeding clown loaches? Because I never said it might have been my nephew on my account or something but just to clear things up I never bred clown loaches. Or any fish perhaps. I am now breeding platys. I'm actually rather new to aquaria.

Is anyone in my tank brackish? Cuz if not I just won't keep my tank brackish any longer.

The molly could live in brackish. The Platies could probably tolerate the low end of salinity. Your tank is not technically brackish, or many of your fish would be dead.

So I don't need brackish water? Ugh I hate petsmart people!

On many occasions you have talked about your clown loach and how you know how to keep it from getting bigger than 8 inches. You told me that you learned this trick during your breeding days. I told you when you first joined the forum that you should rehome the loach. If he didn't die from starvation, he probably died from stress. Not having a proper sized tank, or the neccessary shoal. He was probably very unhappy. But it doesn't matter now as the little guy is dead....

And when I gave you my honest opinion about the clown loach....you told me to get off your case. Unfortunate that my point in the beginning was proven....

And for your reading pleasure.....

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/377102-overstocked/page__p__3156384__fromsearch__1#entry3156384
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/377017-pregnant-red-platy/page__p__3155583__fromsearch__1#entry3155583

So I don't need brackish water? Ugh I hate petsmart people!

Almost never trust a pet shop they are in the business of selling more of what ever they have. I have a couple of pet shops I trust but I still always do my own research, either online ( but I always try to find at least 3 soucres that say the same stuff about a particular species), through books, magazines and even on this forum or others like it where people have a wealth of experience in their chosen hobby creatures. It's always tempting to go to a pet shop LFS and buy up big on all the pretty, wacky and unusual fish etc, but I think if pet shops can't or wont give correct adivce then it is up to the individual to control their spending until they have a good understanding of their desired pets needs.

Then I'm not gonna put salt on my tank anymore.
Dieses it was prolly my nephew as he likes to lie he lives with me and he started the account for me

My apologies mrp3, but that's a terribly poor excuse. If your nephew likes to lie, why would you let him start and control an account for you? :blink: :lol:

I'm not wasting any more of my time/reading or replying to your any of your posts, sorry, I've seen too many other posters like you on this forum and others. Blocked posts now, I hope for everyone else's sake you start to use the forums more honestly and/or responsibly.

i am inclined to agree. I have seen way to much that this is just beyond over my head. I am sure you check you content to see what is going in posts that you are taking part in so I find it hard to believe that you didn't see these posts from your nephew in time to edit them to what the truth is. As I said, I gave my input in the past trying to help you out, and now the one fish I tried to help you with is dead. Whether it was you or your nephew, someone gave me grief about the advice I gave, even though it was the same advice as everyone else. I wish you the best of luck, but you will probably not see me on your posts. I am not trying to be rude or ugly, but i refuse to humor a possible troll.

On a lighter note, here's an old piccie of my clowns "playing dead"

100_4196.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back