Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
what if, like, you jump in water and just start breathing in the water
I might have got that mixed up in the beginning.

It’s impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. But it is possible to kill yourself by drowning. You just have to be really desperate to end your life, because drowning yourself is very difficult, especially if you know how to swim.

Noooope...not my kitchen sink 🧐
1655926771228.gif

I might have got that mixed up in the beginning.

It’s impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. But it is possible to kill yourself by drowning. You just have to be really desperate to end your life, because drowning yourself is very difficult, especially if you know how to swim.
I asked the fish seller at my local chain store, and he said you could do that in a 5 gallon tank.

I asked the fish seller at my local chain store, and he said you could do that in a 5 gallon tank.
If you had a small head, sure. Me personally? My head is too big. Could do it in a 10g though.*

*in theory

Here's a fact most of you don't need to know: Increasing arrow weight will improve penetration more than increasing arrow speed by the same percentage. But, of course, increased weight slows the arrow slightly, which increases the arc, making long distance accuracy more difficult and increasing the chance of the quarry jumping the string.

Here's a fact most of you don't need to know: Increasing arrow weight will improve penetration more than increasing arrow speed by the same percentage. But, of course, increased weight slows the arrow slightly, which increases the arc, making long distance accuracy more difficult and increasing the chance of the quarry jumping the string.
Really inquisitive knowledge! Thank you for sharing!

And here I was, zinging arrows out the fishroom window at a marauding band of Visigoths, starting to worry. I increased the weight of my arrows, and now, the crows will be my friends.

Back before the invention of modern laundry products, urine was used to bleach whites.

Back before the invention of modern laundry products, urine was used to bleach whites.
Now that surprises and grosses me out more than ALL the other facts here 😅

Now that surprises and grosses me out more than ALL the other facts here 😅
This has reminded me

I can’t remember when this was, several hundred years ago

The time of ancient monks

If you couldn’t get your wife pregnant, you could take your wife to the town impregnator (probably a more official name) to impregnate your wife for you.

Most established towns had a town impregnator and it was quite a reputable career

During the 16th century, people used to drink their morning urine, as they thought it would help them have a long and healthy life.

In reality, besides it being absolutely disgusting, it has no actual health benefits.

This has reminded me

I can’t remember when this was, several hundred years ago

The time of ancient monks

If you couldn’t get your wife pregnant, you could take your wife to the town impregnator (probably a more official name) to impregnate your wife for you.

Most established towns had a town impregnator and it was quite a reputable career
Yah now a days that IS called something else... LOL... Why was that a thing even? 🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back