Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

🐠 The poll is open for the February TOTM! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Reaction score
Why, thank you. 🙇‍♀️
I've learned my lesson on not calling a lady (no matter how old they are) a girl... I did that to one of my friends before they were really my friend. She went: "Did you just call me a girl?" 🤣
I was like: "Uhhh... Yah.. I mean unless... I don't know". From that day on, lady is the term I use 🤣🤣🤣

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Oh, here's another fun thing: You know how you can take a really tough cut of meat (brisket, shanks, that sort of thing), cook it a really, really long time in moist heat, and it becomes fork-tender? That's because moisture + heat + time turn connective tissue (commonly known as gristle) into gelatin! It's what makes pot roast so delicious. Nothing gross about that!
😋

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Reaction score
Oh, here's another fun thing: You know how you can take a really tough cut of meat (brisket, shanks, that sort of thing), cook it a really, really long time in moist heat, and it becomes fork-tender? That's because moisture + heat + time turn connective tissue (commonly known as gristle) into gelatin! It's what makes pot roast so delicious. Nothing gross about that!
😋
Nice to know... Yummm

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Post back here to see what you found out
I know the pioneers in the USA used wood ashes for toothpaste. I tried that. Once. I guess it's better than morning breath...but just barely.

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
also used as shampoo for ages
Well, at least they never went through the inconvenience of getting halfway through a shower and realizing they were out of shampoo. There's a silver lining to every cloud.

Most reactions