Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blue raspberry and artificial vanilla is made from fluid from the anal gland of a beaver, white bread in America has either human hair or duck feathers in it…
I remember that being mentioned here a while back!

That has to be the grossest food related thing ive ever heard in my lifetime.

And the sad thing is, Blue raspberry is my favorite fake flavor... So I guess I like beaver behind? Nice... :rofl:

white bread in America has either human hair or duck feathers in it…
Now I did not know that... Are we all cannibals then? Really really weird what we do... Why can we just stick to natural things where we wont die lol

Now I did not know that... Are we all cannibals then? Really really weird what we do... Why can we just stick to natural things where we wont die lol
08E46814-EBD1-415B-B1FE-CFD44E559014.png

Gelatin is indeed made from animal tissue. Primitive/native artists call it hide glue, and often make their own out of scraps of sinew, hide scrapings, and so on. (bone glue exists but it's much weaker).

Yum.
Almost makes me nit want to est that stuff anymore... But I'll probably still eat it lol 😅

I have a bow--a legit hunting bow--that is held together with Knox gelatin, which is chemically identical to purified hide glue. Works great. Certain members of my family found it rather funny that my 45 pound elk-killer is basically held together with jello.

Gelatin is indeed made from animal tissue. Primitive/native artists call it hide glue, and often make their own out of scraps of sinew, hide scrapings, and so on. (bone glue exists but it's much weaker).

Yum.
Two things:
1. EW.
2. thank you for the correction! I knew I shouldn't rely on my faulty old memory. So they just boil down all the stringy bits, huh? Yum.

Most reactions

trending

Back