Fun fact of the day

Today's fact is that termites can live up to 100 years
I don't think so. Insects don't have the ability to live that long. A termite mound might last 100 years but I highly doubt any insect can live that long. It would be interesting if they did though.

I don't think so. Insects don't have the ability to live that long. A termite mound might last 100 years but I highly doubt any insect can live that long. It would be interesting if they did though.
Ah my bad. You're right, I misread my fact lol.

Insects that were around millions of years ago grew bigger than the ones here today. This is due to the higher oxygen levels in the air back then compared to low oxygen levels now. Think mosquitos a foot long and 2 foot dragonflies buzzing around.

And 6 foot long centipedes that have giant foot long pincers on their back end. Mind you, they wouldn't be that scary compared to Velociraptors and Tyranosaurs. Have a bunch of them chasing you, that would be a brown trouser moment.

Yeah, I don't know if people would find a small, feathered raptor to be scary. Maybe I would.

Little raptors about 18inches high are fine unless there is hundreds of them, then you're in trouble. It's the big raptors that stand 6 foot high and 10 foot long and live in family groups that are a concern.

And 6 foot long centipedes that have giant foot long pincers on their back end. Mind you, they wouldn't be that scary compared to Velociraptors and Tyranosaurs. Have a bunch of them chasing you, that would be a brown trouser moment.
Don't learn your pre-history from "The Flintstones", Colin!

Homonids and dinosaurs didn't co-exist. All those cartoons LIED to us!
How could you Mr Hanna and Mr Barbera? How could you take the sweet impressionable minds of innocent little children and corrupt them so thoroughly? You should be ASHAMED! :mad:

BTW - what's your favourite dinosaur, everyone?

Mine's a goldfinch! :lol::lol::lol:

BTW - what's your favourite dinosaur, everyone?

Mine's a goldfinch! :lol::lol::lol:
Ooooh. Tough one. I'm betting it's a dinosaur from the Troodontidae or Dromaeosauridae family. Though I'm not quite sure which one.

Goldfinches are just about the most colourful bird in the UK.

And of course birds are all that's left of dinosaurs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back