Fun fact of the day

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Or a Grolar.

These occur both in captivity, and recently, as climate change affects the bears' habitat, in nature
I like pizzly bear better ;)

I missed yesterday. So heres 2.

The average person spends 6 months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green.

And,

One lighting bolt contains enough energy to toast 100,000 slices of bread!
Each bolt of lightning contains more than 5 billion joules of energy. The average 1,000-watt, two-slice toaster could be powered for 84,000 minutes with just one strike. The perfect amount enough time to toast about 100,000 slices of bread.

If you get struck by lightning, there is a 50% chance you will live. This is because the lightning will kill you if you are in the middle of a heart beat when hit, but if your heart is not beating at the time you get struck, it doesn't kill you.

People struck by lightning will have a hole burnt through them where the lightning travelled.

Lightning melts rock and sand when it hits the ground.

If you get struck by lightning, there is a 50% chance you will live. This is because the lightning will kill you if you are in the middle of a heart beat when hit, but if your heart is not beating at the time you get struck, it doesn't kill you.

People struck by lightning will have a hole burnt through them where the lightning travelled.

Lightning melts rock and sand when it hits the ground.
My friends poor cows didnt survive! All 6 of them that were struck last week died

My friends poor cows didnt survive! All 6 of them that were struck last week died
Oh- poor things!

I hope it was a massive bolt and their deaths were instant.

I received n electric shock once which knocked me out for a few seconds - and it HURT!

I hope it was a massive bolt and their deaths were instant.

I received n electric shock once which knocked me out for a few seconds - and it HURT!
Lightning bolts have millions of volts running through them. If you get hit, death is instant. Compared to household electricity supplies that have around 220-240volts.

If you get hit by lightning and someone gives you CPR straight away, you can live. The people that die from lightning strikes get hit and die, and nobody comes to help them.

*People struck by lightning will have a hole burnt through them where the lightning travelled.*

If what Colin_T said (above) is right, then that guy who survived 7 lightening strikes must have looked like a colander
Lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back