Fry In My Filter

rodg98133

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 15, 2007
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have just done my water change and cleaned one of my external filters and inside the filter swimming around above the baskets was 1 single fry. About 1/2" in legnth any idea how old it is? I'm guessing its guppie as i only have them and plattys that are livebearers and i'm pretty sure that both my plattys are male. I have put it in a floating net for now and i'm buying a fry trap from my lfs soon.
 
Fish can get into some strange places. My son had a 3" pleco that went missing in his tank. About 2 weeks later, because they were remodeling in their house, he was going to take the tank down and give me the fish. When he took his Aquaclear filter apart, there was the pleco in one of the empty baskets.....still alive. It's been in my tank for over a year and is now about 7" long.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top