Front Flips On The Ground?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ben M

Formerly pest control
Reaction score
hi, i'm guessing that gymnastics/trampolining is a sport, so this is a good place to put this topic. well, anyway, i was wondering if there is anybody on this forum who is interested in doing flips and stuff,(like break dancing i guess). because i can do front flips easy on my trampoline, but i would like to try and do them on the ground. but, obviously i'm a bit nervous. it seems that my head will be a bit too close to the ground if i try it. any advise on how to first try it on the ground, or how to jump higher?

cheers :good:

my advise on trying a front flip is to try a back flip first.
They are much easier, and a lot less daunting.
Try doing it on sand dunes first.
You sound like you know how to perform one if you are doing them on a trampoling.
Its just about doing it without that added spring.
So try doing a bbackflip off a little wall or something until you get the hang of it.
Then take it to the floor.
Have you ever considered youtube, or videojug?
There are bound to be step by step guides on there...

thanks, i can't do backflips at all on the trampoline, i just land on my head. i'll have another go today, and see if i can do it. i seem to find it more daunting to do a backflip, but i think that's just me being wierd. :lol: i'll have a look on youtube/videojug/wikihow etc. and let you know how i get on.

cheers for the help. :good:

try it at a swimming pool, just backlip off.
Its all about technique to be honest like, sometimes it works best if you jump high, then at the peak of your jump, tuck and roll.
But you get more of a spin if you throw your body as soon as you take off.
This will affect your landing though, so i hope you have a big trampoline...

How to Backflip

hi, i've looked at the link, and the website that it's from. they were really helpful, thanks. the guy said not to bother doing it on a trampoline, but to try it on the ground with someone helping you. so i'll try that with my brother, and if i get back to you, then i didn't break my neck lol. :lol:

hi, i just tried on the trampoline with my brother helping to spin me over. but every time i landed on my head. he said that he wasn't pushing me over very hard, so i don't know if that is the problem.should i try on my own on the trampoline? i wasn't bouncing when my brother helped me, should i have been?

i can do a back flip which is pretty good for a guy whos nearly 30, no athletic training other than fight sports and i'm 6ft 4 and 16 stone.

Just tried it on a trampoline, and did it wih relative ease, then tried it off diff objects, and eventually on the ground, do land on my knees alot tho.

I think stuff like that is more confidence than training.

yes, i agree. shame i lack the confidence. :lol: i am getting better at these things though. i can do front flips on the trampoline easy, it's just the going over backwards that i can't do.

sounds funny, but i cant do front flips, i freak out half way, i can do back flips easy because i can 'see what im doing' if that makes sense.

yes, i think that it must be a lot easier for some people to do front flips, and a lot easier for others to do back flips. i'll keep trying the backflips though, (when the trampoline dries out).

sideflips backflips and front 180s are easier than front flips ... also try double legs ... kick the moons and cheat gainers... and not forgetting the good old b twist / ick .. thats peasy man :D

i'd forgotten about this topic. you seem to know what your on about :lol: . what would you suggest i start with? what is the easiest?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back