frog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stewartsthebest

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
every night these realllllllyyyyy loud, tiny frogs that have four toes that are sticky, dont prefer deep water, come in my backyard and i was wondering if u could help me identify them? one of them is grayish with sort of dark dark gray spots on its back (his names Camo)... the other two are like a muddy green, more like a solid color. they all have a bright orange on their hind legs and like to hang out in the inch of water under my above ground pool's cover, and eat mosquitoes. tcamo is about this big |__________________| the other two are |_________________| about

Sticky toes says "tree frog" to me, and the coloration as well. I used to know several of the species names and the grey one sounds so familar but I can't place the name. In fact we had a grey one on our wall outside the door the other night.

No, it was quiet which was a smart move given how many cats were around. It was just hanging out, literally on the wall waiting for unsuspecting insects to get within reach.

Those all sound like Gray's Tree Frogs..i had some once..They range in colors from greenish with darker splotches to gray with darker splotches..they sort of blend in with their surroundings.They like to hang out on walls and windows (especially after it rains) looking for bugs..They are kind of nocturnal, they like to sleep during the day..well thats all i know..
Bye!
Liz

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back