Friendly Forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
like all places torred, you win some and loose some... i'm not harsh but some people are... thats just them, and there's often not much you do than take it on the chin... no matter what people say, as long as they are giving you advice they are (i hope) giving you good advice on this forum...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/386440-new-90-litre-bow-front/

and you wonder why

i have some idea (looking back over the posts) that it could be tizer... not what i would expect of tizer TBH as in my experience of talking to him he has been a nice guy......

This IS a friendly forum! We just don't appreciate people coming on here, asking for advice and then ignoring us and putting their fish's live at risk.

We care more about fish's lives than sparing people's feelings. It's not you that's going to end up sick or dead from bad practices :(

I'm sorry if that sounds hurtful; it's not meant to be, we just want people to have happy, healthy tanks.

What I found bizzarre was taking offence at being called 'Chum'....

It's just another word for mate after all...

What the heck do you expect torred...

People are just trying to save your fish from a cruel and painful death. If you don't want advice, then stop posting, otherwise you should start listening to people who a) clearly have more experience than you and b) are only trying to help you.

The only person at fault here is you OP, just my opinion, people were only advising you and you decided to ignore it.

And yes it was Tizer. I was quite suprised at his poor atitude towards me, even saying "do one you bellend" in a message on his own profile page. I find that offensive. I have been a member of MULTIPLE forums over the last 10 years and have never met anyone as rude as him. Forums are meant to be friendly. Please do not think I am ignoring the advice he or anyone else has given, however one of my very best friends works at my LFS, called Harrogate Aquatics on Forest Moore Road in Knaresborough and I intend to follow her advice. I joined this forum to mainly get idea's of what fish look nice together and mix well, and to see other peoples tank designes and get ideas for mine.

But I can see that this is probably not going to be possible.

I don't think you have much ground to stand on tbh as if you just want to look at pictures and not discuss then why not use google images ???

If the message on his profile thing is true then that is out of line but to just say give me compliments and no criticism isn't in the way of forums :crazy:

That being said I think you need to take lfs advice with a pinch of salt as they have to make money so sometimes bend the truth :good:

If the above is the post that you are referring to, I think that you took the initial comments the wrong way and the situation escalated from there. A lot of people that first start using this forum are new to the hobby and ask questions like "why is the water cloudy in my new tank" because they don't understand cycling, so it was a valid question on Tizer's part. Also, I think it frustrates a lot of long standing members when people reach out for help asking a question like the cloudy water thing or "is this stock list ok" and then have the advice they've given ignored and/or have their heads bitten off. There's only so much we can do. We just want to nip the problem in the bud so that in a week or two we're not helping you pick up the pieces when your fish are suffering with ammonia burns. I only say this because it happens. A lot. We give the advice out, people ignore it, they wonder why the fish die and when we tell them, we get our heads bitten off, so forgive us if we've developed a bit of a thick skin

And yes it was Tizer. I was quite suprised at his poor atitude towards me, even saying "do one you bellend" in a message on his own profile page. I find that offensive. I have been a member of MULTIPLE forums over the last 10 years and have never met anyone as rude as him. Forums are meant to be friendly. Please do not think I am ignoring the advice he or anyone else has given, however one of my very best friends works at my LFS, called Harrogate Aquatics on Forest Moore Road in Knaresborough and I intend to follow her advice. I joined this forum to mainly get idea's of what fish look nice together and mix well, and to see other peoples tank designes and get ideas for mine.

Ive been to that shop before and yes they stock good quality fish and the main women who works there knows her stuff and im pretty sure she would advice you to monitor your ammonia not just nitrites/nitrates. Some of the staff who work there don't know what there talking about so if i where you id go back and speak to the main women (i think shes the manager) i guarantee she will tell you, you have to test your ammonia. Be very surprised is she doesn't advice you to do so :blink:

Ive been to that shop before and yes they stock good quality fish and the main women who works there knows her stuff and im pretty sure she would advice you to monitor your ammonia not just nitrites/nitrates. Some of the staff who work there don't know what there talking about so if i where you id go back and speak to the main women (i think shes the manager) i guarantee she will tell you, you have to test your ammonia. Be very surprised is she doesn't advice you to do so :blink:

It was the manager who I spoke to who is my friend. She is the one who sold me the new tank after my second hand tank disaster, advised me of fish, and sold me the chemicals to get started with. I did ask her about ammonia because I heard about it on here and she said I didnt need to bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back