Freshwater Bladder Snail Jar Log (1 Gal, no filter)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Oh I just remembered I actually have an ecosphere on my window! I will try and get a photo! I have ramshorns in there.

CD886FFB-56A7-4AD5-BBE2-05284B116997.jpeg

Hey everyone. Here is a 2 month update on the snail jar.

Was hoping some of the java moss would come back but its just decaying instead, which is fine. More food for the bladders :) Rest of the plants are doing great, even with colder temps everything else is still alive. I think the natural sunlight from the window is helping a lot.

So far Iā€™ve observed one new generation of snails. Hoping for more. Havenā€™t changed the water or taken the lid off since I started and just today gave it a smell test: all clear!

Iā€™ll return for a 6 month update.

Hey everyone hereā€™s a 7 month update. Plants are going nuts in there but the bladders are still going strong! They somehow havenā€™t completely overpopulated the tank yet. I have not touched this jar since January when I last filled the water. Iā€™ll come back again for a 1 year update :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 23
ONE YEAR UPDATE! Haven't added water since July. The moss has completely taken over, and all the other plants are just becoming food for the snails. I occasionally throw more snails in there when I find them in my 10 gallon tank, but the population always thins and on average the jar can support around 10 snails. I guess I'll be back next year for a 2 year update.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 9

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back